Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2009 Dodge Caliber 2.0L

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Natalie392
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2009 Dodge Caliber 2.0L

I keep getting two codes everytime i scan my Caliber: P2017 & P2004. I dont know how to fix it Or find out what it really is i checked on websites amd here on this forums but not much info and these two codes are the same thing...?. Everytime i turn on my car it gives me this type of rattling noise in the engine also sounding as if its got a muffler but doesn't. This all happened when i was driving my mph started going down, even with me pressing the gas. Then this red light comes up |lightning strike between these two lines|....crashed without warning. I checked if recalls, found some but dont know if its for my car cause i called dealer ship and they said no. How would i fix this?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Natalie392
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Hi my name is Natalie.

I keep getting two codes everytime i scan my Caliber: P2017 & P2004. I dont know how to fix it Or find out what it really is i checked on websites amd here on this forums but not much info and these two codes are the same thing...?. Everytime i turn on my car it gives me this type of rattling noise in the engine also sounding as if its got a muffler but doesn't. This all happened when i was driving my mph started going down, even with me pressing the gas. Then this red light comes up |lightning strike between these two lines|....crashed without warning. I checked if recalls, found some but dont know if its for my car cause i called dealer ship and they said no. How would i fix this?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Natalie392
Natalie,

Here are the descriptions of the two error codes you are getting. It seems to indicate to start to diagnose by checking the intake manifold valve.

P2004-INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN

• When Monitored: With the engine running, when the valve closes, below a calibrated RPM, depending upon pedal position.
  • Set Condition: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the position feedback of the Manifold Flow Valve Position Sensor is not within range of the adapted value learned during in-plant initialization or after a non volatile memory reset (adaptive memory clear).

Possible Causes

(K857) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (K857) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (K857) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE (K857) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT (K857) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE (Z909) GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE MANIFOLD FLOW VALVE INTAKE MANIFOLD POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

P2017-INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH

• When Monitored: With the ignition on and battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts.
  • Set Condition: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the MFV Position Sensor input voltage is above the maximum acceptable value.

Possible Causes

(K857) 5 VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE (K857) 5 VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT (K602) MFV SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE MANIFOLD FLOW VALVE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

The code P2004 is the short running valve and should be looked at. I will move you post to the Caliber section. And if you really need to know if you have recalls. Send me a pm with last 9 of the vin and mileage.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome. I have heard that the intake manifold usually needs replaced when this happens. You may also be able to replace the valve as mentioned above.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Caliber 2.0L