Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Caliber down the shoot

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:15 PM
magnum2point0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber down the shoot

I'm sorry, replace the Neon with a mini SUV? Stupid! I will never buy a Caliber. I love and will always love the Neon style. The Neon design is awesome. If Dodge Plymoth wanted to put this car into the tuner range, all they had to do was, what they did with the SRT-4 and also bring out the front end a little. Make more room for modifications. I know I can drop in a Mitsu engine in my R/T with turbo making over 500 HP if I had the money to do it. Now this Caliber definately has the space under the engine, but it looks like a mini SUV. That's not spotty. That's ugly. Dodge lost me in the Neon range. If I can afford it in the future I would by a Charger SRT-8+ but never a Caliber. At least the Neon had potential. Not only in HP, but in looks.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: Caliber down the shoot

I know I can drop in a Mitsu engine in my R/T with turbo making over 500 HP if I had the money to do it.
I would! And i think the caliber is a bit of a [sm=badidea.gif]. They had it right with the neon SRT-4 , but i doubt that the pricing for the caliber will even be close to that of the neon. Neon=Affordable=Modable=1000 times better than caliber, easily 1000.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, while i am not a HUGE fan of the neon, i like it alot better than the caliber...maybe it will grow on me

Old 12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

haha i am starting to see a trend with you guys. the people who wouldn't even consider buying something from this and the charger markets are the first to tear into them. why don't we just wait until it is released and the owners come here and express there POSITIVE opinions.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i never said that i would consider buying a charger, its just not what i want in a car right now. i dont think that its a bad looking car at all, but not my thing. i think that i would like the caliber better in a sedan, but there are rumors that a caliber based sedan is to follow...

Old 12-29-2005, 10:02 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker

well, i love my sx2.0(neon) . So seeing what the "replacement" is for it, just makes me scratch my head and say "Why"? But i suppose if i had the money to buy a caliber when the come out, id like it.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:20 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

If chrystler was smart they would have never of gotten rid of the Neon, if anything they should of make a wago version of the Neon, now it wouldnt look cool, but plenty of room for subs. In my mind the Neon never needed replacing. The Caliber sucks ***. I hate it. This is [sm=bs.gif]

Old 01-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hated it at first, but now I can't wait to see what a small AWD 2.4L turbocharged hatchback can do...

Old 01-14-2006, 07:12 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

The caliber looks like "Honey, I shrunk the Durango"

Old 01-19-2006, 03:53 AM
t0973mf
Professional

I just saw it at the auto show. The looks may have to grow on you but I'll say this, The build quality is so much nicer than the Neon ever was and the interior has a really nice look to it. Seems like your getting more for your money. I was told the base price was $13,800. If you think this is ugly wait till you meet the ugly stepsister the Compass.

Quick Reply: Caliber down the shoot