Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Cargo area cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Btman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo area cover

Does the Caliber come with a cargo area cover like most hatchbacks so the cargo is hidden once the hatch is closed? I have seen a few Calibers and none had it on. If it is an option, is it available as a stand alone option or only part of an option package. I have owned many hatchbacks in the past and they all had a cargo area cover as far as I can remember.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Pyth0s
Default RE: Cargo area cover

Currently only the R/T comes with the option

It's call the "Parcel Area Tonneau cover" and I have been trying to get some pricing for this as I purchased the SXT and it did not come with one. But the Caliber is still so new that they don't even have a parts price list for it yet

Cheers!

Pythos

Old 03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
canoenut

It seems to be only available as part of the 'Security Group' option.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Btman
Does the Caliber come with a cargo area cover like most hatchbacks so the cargo is hidden once the hatch is closed? I have seen a few Calibers and none had it on. If it is an option, is it available as a stand alone option or only part of an option package. I have owned many hatchbacks in the past and they all had a cargo area cover as far as I can remember.
Hi Btman ... [sm=hiya.gif]
Check out www.dodge.com. Build and Price the 2007 Dodge Caliber. The Soft Tonneau Cover is available on the SXT as an option in the Security Group, priced at $275. This group includes the Tonneau Cover, Security Alarm, and the Air Filtering System.
On the R/T model, the Tonneau Cover is standard.

I hope this helps you [sm=smiley1.gif] If your interested in a brochure or this pricing package sent out to you, please let me know, and I can definitely sent it.

Kelly S

Old 03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
medic4tx

In reference to the brochure and pricing package, can I receive some info on the R/T AWD? On the website it did not state whether the cruise control came standard on the R/T. Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

According to Kelly Blue Book, in order to get Electronic Speed Control, you need to purchase the Driver Convenience Group ($400). I'm just basing my answer off kbb so I could be wrong. I know that the SXT does NOT include electronic speed control unless you get the Driver Convenience Group ($400).

Old 03-15-2006, 10:41 PM
medic4tx

I thought it was part of a group but the website does not clarify this. I saw an SXT with an option added for cruise and the sticker price was 100.00. Thanks for leading me to KBB it did show standard on R/T.
NHM Speed Control Std. Std.
(Std R/T)
Thanks for replying.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hi medic4tx ...
I can definitely send information on the 2007 Dodge Caliber out to you. Please pm me your mailing information, and upon receiving this, your request will take 7-10 business days to reach you.

Regarding the 'speed control' ... this is standard on the R/T AWD model [sm=smiley20.gif]
As for the SXT model, if you are interested in the 'Driver Convenience Group ... $400', you are required to purchase the 'speed control option ... $250'.
On the SXT model, if you would like only 'speed control' without the Driver Convenience Group, this is also possible, $250. However, not vise versa. On www.dodge.com, complete a Build and Price, on the SXT model. It shows this example.
I do hope this helps ...

Thanks for your posts [sm=smiley17.gif]

Kelly S

Old 03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Btman

Thanks for the info. I guess the security package is reasonably priced enough, but the cover should come standard IMO. I get the feeling that a lots of people will buy these vehicles, especially former sedan owners, and realize their cargo is exposed for anyone to view the first time they go shopping. At the very least, I hope that this part will be stocked at dealers soon because many people will need it for obvious reasons. The Caliber is still on my list for potentional vehicles because of its unique features and decent performance and handling for its price.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I would just deep tint the back side windows, and partially tint the back window. Thats what I plan on doing when I get mine. I kinda wish it would be classified as an SUV as then in NYS you can deep tint the back side and rear windows without being illegal.

Quick Reply: Cargo area cover