Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:09 AM
Syriel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door

yeah the may edition came to my house the day i went to look at the caliber for real. i was disappointed to read what they had to say, and my disappointment was confirmed at the dealership

the caliber may be great for the uneducated youth buyer just looking for a new ride to show off to friends, but for form and function, there are MUCH better vehicles out there.

Old 04-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: savvy

Yes because we all know, Car and Driver is the ONLY publication to rip Neon, and in an unbiased manner recognizes that the Japanese generally make better compact cars.

btw...if Neon is such an incredible vehicle...was it the brand being replaced?
I can barely understand what you're writing... but um, I thought the Car & Driver issue was about the Caliber...

Anyway... Car & Driver is pretty biased, that's just my opinion (along with countless others). I don't make my opinions on what a mag says. I make my own opinions. You're a robot if you make decisions on what one specific mag says...

I never said the Neon was incredile... I said it was working fine for me. The 1st gens were bad, yes they had many problems. But with the 2nd gen, they pretty much fixed it. 03-05's don't have many problems. My 04 has none. It was replaced because idiots paid attention to the bad rap of the 1st gen and had it stuck in their mind that the Neon was a "cute" vehicle. It actually was selling VERY well... Dodge just thought they would take away the "Neon" image.

I OWN a 2nd gen Neon and I know how good of a vehicle it is... You're just speaking from what you've heard, not experience... I hate when people give a bad name to a whole line, because the earlier vehicles had problems. OR what they heard. Shows how little they can think for themselves...

-------------------------------------------------

Back to the Caliber... (Which is what this is about, not the Neon...)

Instead of basing you judgements off of a single mag... why not check one of these many reviews on the car and base your judgement from many sources, instead of one...

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/dodg..._consumer.html

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...age-usat_x.htm

http://mph-online.com/web/news/00372

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/reviewsIndex.jsp

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...-caliber_x.htm

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....tentid=4023787

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10762

Old 04-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Syriel

for the uneducated youth buyer i'm sure the NEON is a great car. but interior engineering and common sense say otherwise.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
savvy

Game, set, match.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Syriel

i've read reviews on the caliber, fusion, and mazda3, both online from users, and in magazines from "experts"

not many of the user reviews are realistic. all they talk about is how cool it looks or how much power it has. yep, that's fine, if you're 16-19 and need your peen to feel large. I'm 22 but am looking ahead at what i will be driving when i'm 25, 27, 30. I don't want it to be something that doesn't take the passengers into consideration, something that is engineered well. The 2nd gen neon is i'm sure, a great car to drive. But what about your passengers that don't have climate control, have uncomfortable seats with no lumbar support. Or those rear passengers that have to share ONE cupholder on the underside of the flip on the center console.

a buddy of mine and I got back recently from a 6 hour trip to RIT in NY. On the way back we started talking about cars and interior quality, and interior engineering. there's a reason why accords, civics, camrys and most japanese cars make it big here in the states. its not their looks (camry boring, accord boring) it is their ride quality (accord weeeee) their interior fit and finish (sup camry) and their interior friendlyness and engineering (sup civic, camry, accord,). dodge is not known for their interiors, or exteriors. they are known for their HEMI engines, and their muscle cars, just like most other american car makers.

the neon may be great for YOU. but its not for me, i was given my neon by my parents AGAINST MY WILL. i have never liked it for more than it still works. the interior is sh*t, the trunk is sh*it (hinges drop like 6 inches into usable trunk space when closed), the fact that you have to open that rear doors to fold the rear seats down is just, beyond my knowledge of uncommon sense. (part of the reason why i don't fold down the seats when i need to store things)

Old 04-09-2006, 04:07 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

Fine, you don't like it. There's no problem with you not liking the car. But like I said before, you don't need to continue on tell us how ****ty it is. If you don't like it, then get the hell out of this section of the forum and post in Dodge cars that you like. If you don't like Dodge vehicles at all, then why be here? Its like going into a Apple Macintosh forum and saying how great their Dell PC is and how ****ty the Mac is. If you have nothing good to say about the car then there's no point in saying anything at all. This car isn't going to appeal to everyone obviously. You've proved your point, now stop bitching about it....

Old 04-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: Syriel

i've read reviews on the caliber, fusion, and mazda3, both online from users, and in magazines from "experts"

not many of the user reviews are realistic. all they talk about is how cool it looks or how much power it has. yep, that's fine, if you're 16-19 and need your peen to feel large. I'm 22 but am looking ahead at what i will be driving when i'm 25, 27, 30. I don't want it to be something that doesn't take the passengers into consideration, something that is engineered well. The 2nd gen neon is i'm sure, a great car to drive. But what about your passengers that don't have climate control, have uncomfortable seats with no lumbar support. Or those rear passengers that have to share ONE cupholder on the underside of the flip on the center console.

a buddy of mine and I got back recently from a 6 hour trip to RIT in NY. On the way back we started talking about cars and interior quality, and interior engineering. there's a reason why accords, civics, camrys and most japanese cars make it big here in the states. its not their looks (camry boring, accord boring) it is their ride quality (accord weeeee) their interior fit and finish (sup camry) and their interior friendlyness and engineering (sup civic, camry, accord,). dodge is not known for their interiors, or exteriors. they are known for their HEMI engines, and their muscle cars, just like most other american car makers.

the neon may be great for YOU. but its not for me, i was given my neon by my parents AGAINST MY WILL. i have never liked it for more than it still works. the interior is sh*t, the trunk is sh*it (hinges drop like 6 inches into usable trunk space when closed), the fact that you have to open that rear doors to fold the rear seats down is just, beyond my knowledge of uncommon sense. (part of the reason why i don't fold down the seats when i need to store things)
I could care less of what people think of my car and how comfortable it is; if they dont like it; they can get the hell out, and walk! As long as I think its comfortable; thats all that matters! The thing I dont get is; why do you need lumbar support? If you have to be that comfortable; stay home and sit in your recliner. And why do you need passenger climate control? I have no problem with getting heat or air to my backseat, and if the passenger/or passenger's think its too hot or too cold; again they can get the hell out! I think anymore people have become wuss-ified that they THINK they need all that crap!

Old 04-09-2006, 05:04 PM
whoosh
Champion

If you have nothing positive or productive to say..don't say it at all....

Old 04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Opinions are like *** holes, everybody has one...

Old 04-09-2006, 06:40 PM
savvy

I'm not "here to bash", in fact if I were to cut and paste a certain IM exchange everyone could see who really is doing the bashing. Add this to the fact that I've already been censored in this thread, one has to wonder what country we are living in.

I check out all forums. I have logins for Toyota and Honda. I noticed the title of this thread, and for what should be obvious reasons gave my input.

by the way...I made a mistake...the latest comparison I mentioned before wasn't in the "biased" Car and Driver, but rather Motor Trend...wait...don't tell me...they're biased too...right?

Quick Reply: Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door