Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T

You should be able to reorder the Dodge Caliber starting on Monday (June 5) according to other forums. This will be using the new 2007 order form instead of the 2006/2006.5 order forum. I believe ESP (Electronic Stability Control) will be one of the new options on the 2007 order form.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

04StratusR/T
After researching, I suggest you speak with your Sales Manager at your purchasing DCX dealership (they contain the ordering system). I advise this for the reason that, if your order is in progress, there is no way to retract or add an option; you would need to re-order your Dodge Caliber. However, if the order has not been processed, there maybe a possibility for you to delete the sunroof option.
Your Sales Manager can speak with the Zone Rep, to find further answers for you.
At the same time, I have provided Daimler Chrysler’s Customer Assistance Center’s number before 1-800-992-1997. Provide them with your Vehicle Order Number (VON) or the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN); they have informed me, that they may be able to assist you as well.

Keep me posted

Kelly S

Old 06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: FtK Shadow

Thanks ejfb, I hope that means I can order my Caliber on Monday.

mahal said he doesn't believe me, call any dealer in Southern California and ask to order a Caliber. They will all tell you ok, no problem, then when they go to order it, they cannot order it. They all say the same thing that the computer will not allow them to build the Caliber until it changes over from 2006 to 2007 in the computer. Probably what you are talking about the 2006.5 models to 2007. I even have the original paperwork from the computer where the Dealer tried to order one the day before and it shows 2006 model Caliber, then the dealer called me back to say a week later that they could not order it.

I have tried dealerships in:

Temecula,
Riverside,
San Bernardino,
Cerritos
San Diego
Norco

All have told me the same thing.

so mahal is full of ****, Call B.S. when you know what the F*** you are talking about. You only spoke to your dealer casually, If you had tried to order one that same day, you would have found out what I am finding out unless this is a California thing only which I highly doubt.

I have talked to everyone of the above dealers, and they all told me the same thing you are saying until they try to order one.

I have a new computer and will install my scanner tomorrow and post my paperwork showing they placed the order, and it shows 2006 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD.

I even quoted an e-mail from one dealer that tried to order it. THINK BEFORE CALLING B.S. Maybe say you don't believe it, but don't open you mouth and call B.S. without thinking. I am usually not this verbal but I have nothing to gain by posting this, Just trying to get information out to people that might really care.

Later

Mike

Hey Mike, say this with me, gooooose fraaaaba...gooooose fraaaaaba...how do you feel now?

Old 06-06-2006, 05:12 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional

WTF? gooooose fraaaaba...gooooose fraaaaaba.....gooooose fraaaaba...gooooose fraaaaaba

Guess I was not full of **** after all huh?

Don't feel any better, but I am ordering my car as I type, That makes me feel better.

Later

Mike

Old 06-06-2006, 05:21 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional

ORIGINAL: mahal3680

ORIGINAL: FtK Shadow

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to 3 dealers, You cannot order a Caliber now. They are changing something. When I tried to order last week, my paperwork showed a 2006 Caliber which I thought was funny. What all the dealers are telling me is that things are being changed around to show 2007 model and it will take 2 weeks before they can order a 2007 model.

Here is an e-mail I received from one explaining it.

Michael,

Yes, you are too late to order one. The Calibers are no longer available to order until they switch over to the internal 2007 classification. So far they have been classified as a 2006 in the ordering system. I will contact you as soon as ordering is possible.

This is Strange!!!!!

So I wait some more.

Later

Mike
[sm=bs.gif]...I don't believe you. I just got back from my dealership today to add a few things to my order. I asked my dealer how Caliber sales are going, and in his own words said "awesome, a couple came in today and orderd an R/T this morning, in your color". Anyway, I find it hard to believe that DC stopped taking orders...
Guess you believe now huh?

Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

I quess really don't care...I should have mine by the 19th of this month...[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-06-2006, 06:07 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional

ORIGINAL: mahal3680

I quess really don't care...I should have mine by the 19th of this month...[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Congrats

Old 07-02-2006, 09:28 PM
coleneb

I feel for you .... I got the exact same thing minus the leather seats....FULLLY LOADED, Orange and its being shipped to me now...It is also the R/T

Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional

Congrats Coleneb!!!!!!!

I can't wait until mine is shipped. I still don't have pricing from the dealer yet. He told me he expects pricing to be in the computer after the big sales push during the 4th of July weekend. He expects to see pricing on Wednesday.

Let me know how you like yours when it comes in.

Later

Mike

Quick Reply: Cannot Order a New Caliber R/T