Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:13 PM
tupmeier
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling!

ORIGINAL: mindjello

Thanks for all the info. My 1.8L, 5 spd stalls as well. It as if the RPM's just drop and don't recover. If it was a carbed engine I'd say it's like it's chocking out. The throttle response is delayed. Sometimes when you step on it hard the RPM's drop just before taking off. I understand that it's tough for a service person to detect an intermittent problem, and one that the codes don't recognize, but jeepers, don't treat me like a fool! What do these guys think, I'm just lonely and have nothing better to do but to come up with phantom problems because I need a friend??????? I'm hoping that this flash update will fix the problem. Why wait until Nov?
ihad the car all day at the dealer and with the printout from mealso post and the car works wonderfull now it took all day talking to the tech guys at chrysler but now i am happy no more troodle delay ,instant power ,you can feel the differents the sonest you start the engine ,remeber when the car idelt down it was shaking for a bit ,it dosent do that anymore ,hope that helps,Chers Thomas and thanks so much me_also for the info

Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Me_also
Rookie

Thomas glad I could help. I'll get mine done in november with the next oil change. I've learned to drive it this way so I can wait.
And did they fix your mirror?
George

Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

hy george ,no the mirror is on order and arives on friday and i will install it myself ,just going to put a warning on my car (if your deaf stay away) Thanks again Thomas

Old 09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Me_also
Rookie

The problem must be all those oneway streets you have in Hamilton, the guy probably couldn't read either.Did they have any problem finding the flash update? Or give you an arguement about it? Just my own curiosity.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Me_also

The problem must be all those oneway streets you have in Hamilton, the guy probably couldn't read either.Did they have any problem finding the flash update? Or give you an arguement about it? Just my own curiosity.
the service person was very nice because its the 3erd time i was in with the same proplem and i gave him the printout from you and then they spend the first 3 houres on the phone to talk to a tech guy at chrysler and the tech guy aparantly told him that they should only do this flash if the person specificly ask for it ohterwise don't do it and don't offer it and after the service guy told them that i was in allready 3 times for this in, then they gave hime the update ,so looks like they don't realy wanded to do it right now but because the dealer persist and then they agreed.You seem to know Hamilton very well???? Cheers Thomas

Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Me_also
Rookie

Keep us informed on if it effects your gas mileage or anything.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
mindjello

Hey all...this is great stuff and I'll be sure to take all this info into my dealer and specifically ASK for the flash update. I'm really glad to hear about some getting it done and experieincing an improvment. I'll keep everyone posted about my experience. Hopefully it will keep helping others. I'm hoping there will be a slight increase in milage as I'm not super pleased with the 24 miles per gallon I'm getting right now with a 1.8 and 5 spd.

Old 09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Me_also
Rookie

That's the lowest milage i've heard of for a 1.8
I get 40 miles to an imperial gallon with mine and according to others they get about the same
Let us know after you get the flash done if if gets better or worse.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:30 PM
mindjello

Well I headed down to the dealer today with a copy of this forum and proceeded to speak with my car salesperson. he mentioned that he had one other customer that had the stalling problem except they had to have it towed in! Guess it wouldn't start again. Probably a different problem than what we've been experiencing. We both went to see a guy in nthe service department, not the service manager but another guy from AutoCanada. Does anyone know who these guys are? He is appearently the "head dude". I gave him all the info I had and explained the problems. He took everything and said they'd get back to me. So now I wait. I was wondering Thomas, are you able let us know the name of the dealer where you had the flash performed? This way if I get any grief from my dealer, Crosstown Motors in Edmonton, I could refer them to your dealer for more information. I'll keep you guys posted!

Thxs! Carl

Old 09-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Caliber101

Well I took my 1.8 5spd in to the dealer along with this forum and they told me it was bull****. Could someone kill the mechanics at my dealership and replace them. Thanx

Quick Reply: Stalling!