Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:34 PM
tupmeier
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling!

ORIGINAL: Me_also

In all fairness to DCX we probably discussed this problem amongst ourselves before they knew about it,
and since the 1.8 wasn't built much before June I think they as a company did a good job of working on the problem and trying to get a solution. That said I believe there communications with the Service Departments is slow and sucks. That's why they keep saying nothing is wrong beause we as a group are already informed but they have to wait for DCX communication to catch up.
And sadly but not least some Service People are Scared to death to flash a car and have a problem that renders the car inoperable.
Like flashing the BIOS on your computer if there's a problem the machine can become junk. But a lot of that is inexperiece with the new age of computers and cars it will get better (I hope)
Just my two cents worth. Remember we are talking about a new model and quite a few things need to be Ironed out they are doing there best we are just a little impatient some thimes because for us our problem should take presidence.
well sad i have to completly agree,cheers Thomas

Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
mofo74

my dealer told me the stalling could be caused from cell phones

Old 10-15-2006, 07:57 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mofo74

lol. Maybe next time they'll tell you fuel and air will cause your engine to stop running.
I laugh at dealers. They seam to try to get themselves out of having to do anything BUT plugging in the computer to your car to get troublecodes. "If it doesn't throw codes, there must be nothing wrong!"

Old 10-15-2006, 12:12 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mofo74

what an idiot dealer [:'(],cheers Thomas

Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Caliber101

Wow some people are stupid, then there are the just plain brainless ones, I talked to 5 different service guys st my local dealership, and they told me 5 different stories, and I called DCX service and asked about a few of the things I heard. They never heard of those things, and apparently no flash available yet and I been bugging them everyday

Old 10-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Caliber101

Whoooooo Hooooo... got it fixed, and the car runs better than ever, thanks Thomas for all the helpful info it was the key in unlocking the service guys chain that held theyre heads in theyre asses.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Caliber101

Whoooooo Hooooo... got it fixed, and the car runs better than ever, thanks Thomas for all the helpful info it was the key in unlocking the service guys chain that held theyre heads in theyre asses.
clad i could help ,cheers thomas

Old 10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
bbunn

I took my caliber in for its service and mentioned to them that they need to check out the stalling problem I am having. They told me that everything was fine and that they could not get it to duplicate the problem when they drove it around the block. I have since then read this discussion in the forum and have printed it out and took it to them for them to see what everyone else is saying. They still say nothing is wrong and have no idea what update everyone is talking about in the forum. So needless to say I still have my sluggish stalling problem. What else can I do?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: bbunn

I took my caliber in for its service and mentioned to them that they need to check out the stalling problem I am having. They told me that everything was fine and that they could not get it to duplicate the problem when they drove it around the block. I have since then read this discussion in the forum and have printed it out and took it to them for them to see what everyone else is saying. They still say nothing is wrong and have no idea what update everyone is talking about in the forum. So needless to say I still have my sluggish stalling problem. What else can I do?
i pm you some info show them this i garanty it works

Old 10-30-2006, 03:22 PM
bbunn

Cool, thanks I got it, I will let you know how it works out.

Quick Reply: Stalling!