Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???

Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 AM
BruiserNL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???

Hi, I have a new 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan and am having some trouble with the suspension. It sounds like strut mounts, ball joints, suspension bushings, etc... I feel this is unacceptable for a brand new 2008 vehicle. I have had it to the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong. I know this is not what Dodge had intended for a new Van. They also told me that other owners were in for same issue with no problem found. Say it is something I must live with. This will drive me crazy if it is the case. I would like to know if any of you have the same suspension clunk when hitting small bumps and if any of you know of a fix? I noticed this from day 1 and still only have 1,500 km's on the van.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM
nitchimon
Default RE: 2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???

I also have a 2008 Grand Caravan and I too noticed this sounds exactly as you described. I wrote a letter to the dealer about it, they checked it out and put my letter on file.
Same story.. "its nothing".... bull loney... They DID however state that on the 2007 and 2006's they had a serious problem with the busings on the struts. Sounds like the same exact problem.

write a letter and take the car back, demand that they put that letter on file and that they also write it up exactly what they are saying.

good luck.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 PM
lgret13

Hi everyone, whileI do not have a grand caravan, i have an 08 Town and Country Limited and was searching the internet to see if anyone else has the same issue. I also have that suspension noise and it is very irritating. A friend of mine has an 08 limited and he has the same noise too.

I took the van to dealer 2 months ago about this and other issues and got the same response, that this is normal. All i know is everytime i need to bring the van i am going to complain. Hopefully chrysler/dodge will resolve this issue.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
BruiserNL

Well Guys,

I really hope that there are some readers here who may have some answers for us. I would appreciate any feedback and certainly if anyone finds a fix. To be honest, I am at a point where if I could return my 1 month old van with no penalty, I would. This is to the point of total aggravation and is really not acceptable on a brand new vehicle. This is my first jump to Dodge, and if first impressions mean anything, my One and Only. I know I should not lump all models together, but it's just frustrating when you spend all this money to have the dealer say "We know it sounds bad, but live with it" I'm sorry, I could have kept my 7 year old car if I wanted to listen to minor suspension noise. Sorry to vent.....

Lets get to the bottom of this one! For everyone's sake.

Steve

Old 03-29-2008, 07:35 PM
HemiMan02
Professional

I have an 08 caravan as well however mine does not have this noise. I do know that chrysler does have a problem with sway bar links. They make a clunk noise goingover bumps. This was a problem on the older caravans as well.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:50 PM
chopper
Veteran

I don't have a newer Caravan but I'll bet there's a customer service number in the owners manual somewhere.This number is for you to use when the dealer is of no help and you need a remedy.Since it seems all of you have had your vans to the dealer multiple times this is a phone call you should make.
KEEP ALL RECORDS GENERATED BY ALL CONTACTS WITH CHRYSLER!!!
Have copies made of the letters supposedly "on file" with the dealer.This will let the dealer know that you are building a case against them without making any threatening statements.
Do not scream and yell.This will get you labeled as an idiot or worse.
Now for a possible fix.
Ask around to see if any shop in the area has a set of "chassis ears".This is a tool some shops use to ferret out hard to find noises.
http://www.etoolcart.com/index.asp?P...mp;ProdID=1937

Some vehicles are expected to make noises,my 04 Mustang for instance,but a family car should be nearly void of clunks and rattles.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:25 PM
lgret13

What level of trim/model do you have that hear the noise? Maybe the trim level, engine and options may effect the suspension.

I have the Limitedwhich has the4.0L engine and I have the trailer package.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 AM
BruiserNL

I have SXT 3.8 liter with 6 speed tranny. 17" aluminum wheels.

Thanks for the good replies folks, I hope we find a fix.

Steve

Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

For those of you that have the RT body, next time you go to the dealer have them look up case number K25465720 and K14679200 on STAR ONLINE. Because there are no TSB for front end noise.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
lgret13

Please elaborate on what the cases state as to the problem. Thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???