Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian1
No, we are changing the sway bar links next.
Why not just Remove the Sway bar and link and drive it. That way you don't waste money on unnecessary replacement parts.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:47 PM
agbulling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sway bars have a purpose

Originally Posted by steak59
Why not just Remove the Sway bar and link and drive it. That way you don't waste money on unnecessary replacement parts.
Leaving off the sway bars will contribute excessive tire wear and will adversly affect the cornering of an already top heavy vehicle. I would not recommend leaving them off.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I think what the member meant was ,remove the links and found out if the problem is gone on a road test. This way you are not wasting money on links or bushings you don't need.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:35 AM
josephdurbin@msn.com
Default Power Steering Shudder - FIX

There is a Chrysler Service Bulletin on this issue 19-006-05. It's steering shudder. I had to replace one of the short hoses (two connections) off the power steering cooler and this solved the problem. NAPA has the hose in stock (don't need clamps) as you can re-use the spring clamps off the existing hose connection to install the new hose. The new line is considerably longer, but they instruct in the bulletin to loop it from one connection back to the other and secure on place with a zip tie. Got a clean copy off the local library site on this bulletin with instructions / diagrams.

Document too big to upload.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
josephdurbin@msn.com
Default Caravan Suspension Noise Reply

I replaced the sway bar bushings and installed the heavy duty sway bar links that include grease zerks. Got around 9 months of quiet out of the van. The noise is back and it's not the sway bar bushings or the links. We'll look at the struts next if there is anything to holding the plastic sleeve in place.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan suspension noise???