Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Auto Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Tropicalcats
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Unlock

Just purchased a 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport and have a question about the auto unlock feature.

The auto door lock feature works fine and I see in the manual how to enable and disable that feature however on the auto unlock it says in the manual to enable and disable the auto unlock feature to refer to the overhead Console customer programmable feature section but I do not see and info on the auto unlock feature in that section.

How do I have the doors auto unlock when I put the van in park? Can I have just the drivers door unlock?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Auto Unlock

The auto door locks when the van reaches 15 miles an hour, then locks. But you are asking about the key fob, then you need a DRB3 to program the locks to open just driver's door 1st or all doors.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
DreamlandAV8R

I don't know if MasterTech just can't read or what, but I'm having the same problem that TropicalCats is having so if anyone has any info, please send it along to me.

The owners manual tells you how to enable and disable the auto LOCK.. which works fine.. that's not the issue. For the auto UNLOCK.. the manual tells you to look at a section in the manual that doesn't even exist! I read the whole manual forwards and backwards, twice, it's not there.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Then maybe send the page you are reading. or maybe pictures. Scan the page on your scanner and email to me or post it. And if you don't the answer you are getting, go to the dealer....

Old 03-31-2010, 05:30 PM
boyesreef

i have a 2002 caravan se. me van has the auto lock. now the manual says you turn on the auto unlock via the overhead council, i do not have an overhead council. is there any way to turn on the feature without it?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Prior to the '06 model year, if you do not have the EVIC overhead console, the only way to activate the feature is with a scan tool

Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
boyesreef

ok, thats what i thought. ill have to make a date with my dealership.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:09 PM
birchy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
Prior to the '06 model year, if you do not have the EVIC overhead console, the only way to activate the feature is with a scan tool
I'm having this same annoyance with my GC.. I do actually have the EVIC overhead console though. Can someone tell me how to do the programming change? I still haven't gotten myself an owners manual...

Last edited by birchy; 09-25-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Mikeywndsrf

I have a 1997 Dodge carravan. I'm the one with the dinnging noise all the time. Any who. My keyless entry works and the master unlock and lock system works BUT only the front dorrs and rear door., Not the two sliding doors.. I tried the IOD fuse and still have the same problem. The good news is I fuigerd out where the dinnging noise is coming from..

Old 09-26-2010, 01:21 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

It could be the door ajar switches causing the dinging and the lock actuators could be the other problem with the locks.

Quick Reply: Auto Unlock