Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan - MyGIG Questions/Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
bquerry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan - MyGIG Questions/Problems

I just purchased a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. It came with the MyGig system, model REN, satellite radio and TV, and the dual screens with dual DVD and Rear Entertainment System. I know this model of the MyGig does not have all of the options, but I had a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer. Shouldn't this thing have a Hard Drive in it for me to store music? Every time I try, it goes through and says copy complete, but the HD shows 0 free of 0 size. Also, there is no AUX choice on the screen, but it has the plug to put in an iPod, so I don't know how to get it active. Are these features not on this radio, or is there something I'm missing? Also, what all options can I add (uconnect, voice, etc.) to this model? I know I can't add navigation without replacing the unit. Thank you!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Black Hawk
Default RE: 2008 Grand Caravan - MyGIG Questions/Problems

This is a known problem with your model of MyGig. There is a TSB out for it. I had this problem, and the dealer replaced the whole head unit under warranty.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 AM
don_Celso

I just received "Customer Satisfaction Notification H11 - MyGiG Radio Software Update" from Chrysler. It says the MyGiG Radio may become inoperative due to either a jukebox or hard disc drive corruption concern and a radio that becomes inoperative due to either of these concerns must be replaced. It comes with a CD update and instructions on how to load the software. It appears to upgrade the software to version 9.041 -so if yours is already at that version it may already be fixed, (I bought my van 10/07.) They give a number 1-800-853-1403 and website for instructions www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig

Old 08-02-2008, 11:03 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Installed the update CD for my mother today. It killed her Uconnect. Hit the button and nothing. Her blue tooth phone no longer sees it.
Anybody else experience this?
I guess now it's a warranty issue for the dealer.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

When doing cd updates you may need to go to the dealer and have some software updates for bluetooth done as well.

Has far as the 1st person, Your radio should also be a nav unit too. and yes you can load your music onto the hard drive. To load you'll need a flash stick.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Installed the update CD for my mother today. It killed her Uconnect. Hit the button and nothing. Her blue tooth phone no longer sees it.
You usually have to pair the phone to the MyGIG again after a software update.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM
joueboy

Hi, I just got my car I have the same problem as yours. Did you found any solution to this?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/index.php

they could help you on the mygig issues

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan - MyGIG Questions/Problems