Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power windows, no Radio, blower works is high or nothing

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Stocknlace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Power windows, no Radio, blower works is high or nothing

2001 Dodge Caravan.....

OK been having some issues,

My radio decides it doesn't want to come on...but when I disconnect the battery and leave it off for a while and start the van up it usually works for the time that I have it running but as soon as I shut it off it goes off.

Neither one of my front power windows will roll down...have checked switches and they seem to be fine.. I don't know????

and the blower switch will only work on high or nothing at all for the heat and A/C

Can anyone help me and my friend to see what we are missing.. There is no rhythm or reason for this to be happening...Please help me

Thanks

Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The 3rd problem is the blower resistor, 2nd problem remove the master switch and ck for power and ground with a test lite. If the switch has power, the remove a door panel and ck the regulator motor for power, if you have power there then bang on the motor and hold the switch down. If the window rolls down then replace the window regulator. 1st problem, ck the IOD fuse, if that is good. Remove the radio and ck the B+ wire with a test lite. If you have power and ground, try a know good radio. I belive there was a recall for the radio's for 2001.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Stocknlace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks master tech...I will be trying those different things here as soon as our weather gets nicer...it's too cold for a woman like me to be working out there...LOL...and I thought the radio was gone just wasn't sure..thought maybe it could be a short or something..but pretty sure I need a new radio...not that I wanted all this to happen all at once...but I don't like driving with no tunes...lol..and the windows suck too...LOL can live with the blower on high for now I guess..>LOL..but the windows and the radio have to be replaced soon...lol

Thanks again..will post if I need anymore help...thanks..

and if it's recalled do they replace that for free or no??? not sure how that works..bought the van used 2 years ago

Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The recall was to put tape on top of the vent of the radio, so if you or anyone else spill coffee or soft drink into the radio it wouldn't short out. But the answer to your question, they may not, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Quick Reply: Power windows, no Radio, blower works is high or nothing