Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 caravan 3.3 stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:00 AM
geraldmiller55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 caravan 3.3 stalling

OK so I have a 2000 grand caravan 3.3.. I have had it for three months...I got the oil changed bout two weeks ago and next day the engine light came on/ Next morning i go to start it and it cranks but wont start..unless i feather the pedal.. So i started by changing plugs ( they were really bad) still dies ...So i changed the fuel filter....still dies and has trouble starting... So I change the fuel pump unit.. Runs fine for the day .. Then this morning starts fine dies while driving on the way to store .. then has trouble starting agn. I am at my wits end...

Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
DJKnack
Default Air Intake Control valve???

We have a 3.8 and had similar issues with the van stalling. Similarly, we had to feather the throttle to get it running at times. We had replaced plugs, wires and fuel filter as well. We were able to get it running right by relieving the fuel pressure at the relief valve by the intake manifold.
Finally did some searching and decided to start throwing parts at it. Bought an Air Intake Control (AIC) valve for about $90. We haven't had the problem since (knock on wood). It has been running fine for over 6 months.
My next attempt was going to be having the induction system cleaned. From what I read, it sounds like doing this could also clean and correct problems with the AIC valve. However, I think it costs more to do this.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF to you both.
What was the code that cause the ck engine lite to go on?

Old 05-22-2010, 07:30 AM
geraldmiller55

code 55 ...no code

Quick Reply: 2000 caravan 3.3 stalling