Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Gr. Caravan horn, wipers, fan, door locks issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 PM
ml68507
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to report EXACT same issue as OP described....

I however happened to get to an O'Reilly's to get a readout of the codes. This was done during the first TWO drive cycles the OP did not get a chance to capture

U0141: Lost Comm with Body Control Module "A"
P0883: TCM Power Input Signal High

My first issue occurred going 75 on the interstate.....pulled over with "dummy lights" on and engine still running when when I pulled fob. I sat for about 5 min trying to turn on and off. Finally horn/wipers/fluid stopped when I popped open fuse box.

Second time, 2 days later, Driving in residential....same symptoms except only lasted about 1 min. Later in the afternoon van was sitting in garage with no key anywhere near and started honking to me Morse code ....

Unfortunately, Electrical anything is my nemisis and I am hoping this is something I can fix myself...Any Thoughts?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, as the rest of the poster responded, you'll need a TIPM (fuse box). I think they are like $600+labor. I hope u have waranty.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 PM
danrenee1

replaced the wiring harness that runs under the sliding doors - problems solved. It's been about 1 year since the repair, and had not had this problem happen again. Problems used to happen regularly.
Several dealers could not find - oven one dealer told me to google the problem to se what type of response I could find. I told them that was THEIR job, and THEY needed to find the problem/solution. Last time I go to that dealer.
Good Luck.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Sorry you feel that way about the dealer. I know a lot of dealers are loosing their older techs and hiring young techs. Most of them don't know the problems you and others are having with their cars or vans. Thats why I always say, ask for the shop foreman or someone who's been around ( old person ).

Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danrenee1
replaced the wiring harness that runs under the sliding doors - problems solved. It's been about 1 year since the repair, and had not had this problem happen again. Problems used to happen regularly.
Several dealers could not find - oven one dealer told me to google the problem to se what type of response I could find. I told them that was THEIR job, and THEY needed to find the problem/solution. Last time I go to that dealer.
Good Luck.
there r suppose to be a k14 Recall for that that harness to be inspected. If it is bad, replace it, If it is good, Zip tie down it so it doesn't get chew up by the sliding door rail.
have u not done that recall?

thx for the info tho, I keep this in mind if i get one of this problem in the shop.
still, the TIPM is the EVIL master of electrical problems.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by danrenee1
oven one dealer told me to google the problem to se what type of response I could find. I told them that was THEIR job, and THEY needed to find the problem/solution. Last time I go to that dealer.
Good Luck.
Holy crap!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
mskjaveland
Default Same issue but crashed

I had the same issue with the van for the last couple of years, they told me there was nothing they can do to fix it. Last week i lost power, wipers and fluid went off and side swiped a pole. $7000.00 in damage and i have no proof the the computer glitched at the time of accident. Any suggestions?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mskjaveland
I had the same issue with the van for the last couple of years, they told me there was nothing they can do to fix it. Last week i lost power, wipers and fluid went off and side swiped a pole. $7000.00 in damage and i have no proof the the computer glitched at the time of accident. Any suggestions?
No suggestions. Take it up with your lawyer.

Quick Reply: 2008 Gr. Caravan horn, wipers, fan, door locks issue