Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Had my caravan transmission rebuilt...question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:17 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deleted

Last edited by DodgeCaravan2010SXT; 03-06-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: deleted
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relearn??? on a 3 speed? She said it's a 2.4 and they told her the Governer was a problem. overdrive transmissions don't have a governer.

The fluid isn't the problem!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
jcarr492

okay...we've had our van back for two weeks. something just isn't right but not sure if its transmission related. I noticed after getting it back that in the afternoons when its warm out or I've been driving it around..that when I put the van in drive and push the gas pedal to go forward...it makes a chirping sound..kinda like a cricket I guess? It does that constantly upon taking off from a stopped position. Also, for some reason, it sounds louder...the engine I guess? And when put in reverse and pushing the pedal to go backwards...its kinda loud...no chirping sound, but heck..I don't know how to describe the sound. Maybe like a growl? LOL Okay ya'll know this is a woman describing this now. LOL would these things be transmission rebuilt related or something totally different going on?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now you're at the point that's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to guess. Could be transmission related, could be the alternator, could be the belt, could be weak motor mounts, could by psychological?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:23 PM
jcarr492

Hahaha, psychological....You may be right. My hubby thinks I'm nuts...but I just know its not right. Now my A/C is screwing up too! We were coming home last night, had the a/c on with the recirculate button on. All of a sudden, regular warm air starts coming out...then after a few minutes, it turns cold again. then few minutes later, just regular air again. Did that all the way home. Same thing this morning. The same place that redid the transmission checked my a/c SUPPOSEDLY two weeks ago cause I noticed a LOT of water under the van one day at walmart..more than normal after using the ac and parking..and they said it was fine. Just had a mud dobber nest over the evaporator drain hole. Hmmmmm. I think its time to cut my losses, take it and a 1,000.00 and go trade the SOB in for a Chevy Equinox I'm wanting. Just wanted this as a second vehicle.

Quick Reply: Had my caravan transmission rebuilt...question