Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Your thoughts on remanufactured transmissions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:17 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default captain !

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
What are you talking about? These transmissions don't have bands. What kind of advice is that?
captain , There are always sad people like you lurkin around krapping on peoples post !!! Take a break an hang out some where else . my thoughts Lovvorn

Old 03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lovvorn
Hi ,you donot need a need a new trans ! I'm an old man now ,but I graduated from tech school in auto rebuild back in 1969 in Ga. I was a young hot rodder an needed the skills . First if the second gear seal was bad it would be gone as it works off oil pressure . If the seal ring is broken you have no pressure period . that is no second gear . If you can find someone to show you where the" low gear band adjuster "is on the drivers side or left side of the trans there will be the" anchor bolt adjuster "for the low gear & reverse bands . low is up front an reverse in the rear just sbove the oil pan on the trans . It will be a 5/16 square plug with a 7/8 jam nut . Break the jam nut an run the 5/16 nut down all the way to stop gentally . Then back off "one complete turn" in reverse & tighten your jam nut . While your at it do the reverse ban also. the same prosedure . What you have is normal wear . Your trans will be new again . My thoughts Lovvorn
You are probably thinking about the 3 speed 31TH trans. But OP has the 4-speed, 41TE i would assume.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default steak 59

Originally Posted by steak59
You are probably thinking about the 3 speed 31TH trans. But OP has the 4-speed, 41TE i would assume.
Your correct ! on the 3 speed . the new o/d model has auto anchor adjustments or solenoids in the same location as the old manual anchor adjusters on the low gear & reverse bands . EEIT will have to replace the low gear band adjuster next to the bell housing . It will be the white in color adjuster with the wires plugging into the auto adjustor . I would install a new adjuster before I would spend thousands on a new or rebuilt trans . my thoughts Lovvorn

Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? There's nothing like that inside these transmissions! Your insults of me and your lack of knowledge has no value.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default captain

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
What? There's nothing like that inside these transmissions! Your insults of me and your lack of knowledge has no value.
Take a Break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
22DODGE22

Don't be antagonizing people!

Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

EEIT has a 41TE/A604 transmission, This transmission first came in the Dodge poducts in 1989. The 413/31TH which has been in the dodge poduct forever, Does have two band adjustments. The A604/41TE does not have any band adjustment at all. EEIT was only asking what would be recommended, an overhaul or a reman. Dodge does offer a 3 year and 100k warranty on the reman transmission. Which I would recommend, Because if there was a problem with the transmission. The dealer would have to fix it or replace it. Now if it was my car or van, I would rebuild it. But you need to remember i have the special tools to make the repairs. I may not have been working as a tech, as long lovvorn has. We need to respect his views and lovvorn needs to respect the views of other members of this forum. If anyone has a question about the A604/41TE or any other transmission thats in a dodge product.Send me a pm and i will answer any questions. I do not want to see anymore problems from anyone. OKAY

Old 03-13-2011, 11:00 PM
wtribeflyer
Professional

Originally Posted by lovvorn
Take a Break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When our only form of communication is through text it is easy to take things out of context. That being said...we all need to remember that we all have GREATLY differing levels of knowledge, capability, and means.

This is a really incredible source of info for people with Chrysler products and it is so COOL that we can interact with Chrysler Techs!! Thank you for taking your time to check these forums.

I am new here but I really like having this resource. However, some posters do tend to get a little snooty. Lets just chill folks and remember that with text only you can never tell a persons real emotion, or tone.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
td1
Rookie

two years and going strong with a Gentry Transmission rebuild. think i paid $350.

gentry transmission -

https://plus.google.com/117237472826...ut?gl=us&hl=en

any other questions on this topic i will be happy to help!

td1

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on remanufactured transmissions.