Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Super Console

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Wildfire1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the install on the Super console in our new 2012 GC SXT. This thread was a great help but lacked photos so I thought I'd contribute to it by adding a few photos just in case someone else needed the info.
I also wanted to point out that I had to purchase a lower bracket for the new super console and the carpet had to be cut to install it as others mentioned here but please be careful doing so because there's a wiring harness under the insulation and you don't want to cut into that. The rest was pretty well plug & play. The wiring harness that was already there was tough to plug back into the new console but I used some needle nose pliers and that helped.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought this might help someone out in the future.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Super Console-console1.jpg   2011 Super Console-console2.jpg   2011 Super Console-console3.jpg   2011 Super Console-console4.jpg   2011 Super Console-console5.jpg  

Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
baf3472

I have a 2013 caravan american value package and I dont seem to have any connectors for the lights. Anyone know where I should look to see if they are wrapped up somewhere?
Thanks

Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Wildfire1

Originally Posted by baf3472
I have a 2013 caravan american value package and I dont seem to have any connectors for the lights. Anyone know where I should look to see if they are wrapped up somewhere?
Thanks
If you have the power outlets the connector for the lights will be taped to that harness. Just look close because its a small two wire connector.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
baf3472

Thanks. ive looked everywhere and it seems i dont have the connector for the lights i wonder if i could tap into the unused connector for the clock.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Wildfire1

Originally Posted by baf3472
Thanks. ive looked everywhere and it seems i dont have the connector for the lights i wonder if i could tap into the unused connector for the clock.
Yes indeed. You could run one wire to one side of the plug on the Super Console and run the other wire up to the head light switch on the park light side. I'm not sure about running it up to the radios harness unless there's a wire there that will have 12 volts when the lights are turned on and no voltage when the lights are turned off.
The Super console lights draw very little currant so if you can tap into the radios harness you'd be good to go but you'll defenity get your wire at the head light switch and that switch takes 30 seconds to pull out.
Good luck.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
baf3472

I just noticed today that the lights in the map pockets are on whether I have the lights on or off. Does anyone know if the center console lights are the same or only when you turn your lights on?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:56 AM
billoward

Originally Posted by possum187
I just thought I'd say thanks to you all for the information on the Super Console in this thread. If I can add one bit of advice, it's don't let your wife leave her license on top of the sliding lid on the compartment. It's not easy to get those side panels back to see in there.
same issue...how did you get the license removed ?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Xnaron

Originally Posted by Wildfire1
I just did the install on the Super console in our new 2012 GC SXT. This thread was a great help but lacked photos so I thought I'd contribute to it by adding a few photos just in case someone else needed the info.
I also wanted to point out that I had to purchase a lower bracket for the new super console and the carpet had to be cut to install it as others mentioned here but please be careful doing so because there's a wiring harness under the insulation and you don't want to cut into that. The rest was pretty well plug & play. The wiring harness that was already there was tough to plug back into the new console but I used some needle nose pliers and that helped.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought this might help someone out in the future.
Thanks for posting these pics! It looks like you had the same console I did before you installed this one. (I think called the premium console) that is not attached to the dash like the super console. I am thinking of replacing it with the super console. It looks like it has a bracket at the back where the super console bracket gets attached. Did you need to drill holes for the bracket (sounds like you do but was hoping here were some holes there with the premium console)? I need to figure out how to remove the existing console. I took a quick look but don't see any screws to remove it. Do you have a pat number for the bracket? Does it come with the screws for the floor and to attach the console?

thanks,
Brendin

Last edited by Xnaron; 07-21-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Xnaron

This looks like the part number for the bracket 05108143AA

I can't tell if it comes with the screws or not. I am still searching for a hardware pack. I will need the 4 bolts that mount it to the floor and the screws that mount the console to the bracket. Then maybe other screws required to mount it to the dash (not sure on this yet).

Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

this work on a 2010 grand caravan with 4.0l?

Quick Reply: 2011 Super Console