Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Grand Caravan Transmission wouldn't shift

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
WiRik
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Grand Caravan Transmission wouldn't shift

As I was driving our '10 G. Caravan SE (has 3.3 V6 w/ 4spd. auto.) the other day I noticed the following:

Accelerated up a highway on-ramp and noticed the vehicle revving more than normal, tachometer showed @ 4K rpm, and was travelling about 50 mph at this time. As there was an exit ramp just ahead, I pulled off and proceeded to drive in town at speeds of 25-30mph, noticing that the transmission did not shift. Also, tried the +/- gear selector but it remained in "drive".

After stopping for a moment, with the key turned off, and retarting the engine, I tried the +/- selector and it worked, drove along and everything has been fine since, shifts as usual, at least for now.

Question is, would there be any code stored from the no-shift event, or do I just wait for it to happen again??

Just hate these intermittent problems!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:08 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Yor transmission may have gone into limp in. Thats what happens with transmission with autostick. The autostick will not change to either a low gear or a high gear. I would have the transmission checked for any stored codes.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
smokin' dodge

I had this happen on an older (1999) Dodge Intrepid. Only happened 5X in 4 years. No solution except restart.....

SD

Old 08-13-2011, 12:43 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

There is a fix for the intrepid, All I need is the codes stored in the TCM. If you still have the car.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Default Computor Program

Hi , Take a 10mm deep well socket an remove your "battery ground cable " for 3 minutes an reinstall . The trans should shift better than new . The computer will have reprogramed itself . Your engine also resets itself too. You will have better performance & fuel milage . My Thoughts . Bud

Quick Reply: 2010 Grand Caravan Transmission wouldn't shift