Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1996 Grand Voyager - P0743 code

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Danny in CO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Grand Voyager - P0743 code

I posted yesterday about problems I am having with my 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager 3.0L 3 speed auto. Original problem was that it downshifted while driving on the highway and would not shift back up. I suspect it is in "limp mode". I changed the vehicle speed sensor with no change. It still won't shift into 3rd. I have a code reader and cleared all codes. As soon as I start it, code P0743 is thrown. The P0743 is torque converter clutch circuit electrical. What is this? I was looking for input and output speed sensors which the Dodge dealer says my tranny does not have. I found wires going into what I thought was a sensor by the tranny dip stick. I had to remove the dip stick tube to get to the wiring plug. I took the wire plug off but I could not find a way to remove so I put the plug back on. It doesn't seem to go on far enough. Could this be causing error code.

Thanks in advance,
Danny

Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Yes it could, it need to be plug in all the way or it will set the P0743 code. That is your lock up solenoid. If you need to replace it, the valve body needs to come out of the transmission.

Quick Reply: 1996 Grand Voyager - P0743 code