Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Buying a 2011 Caravan tomorrow. Are they any good?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres my honest opinion, great vansin general, as long as little details dont bother you, we have a 2010 with 290,xxx kms on it, and mechanically its been fine, but things like the seals around windows loose and falling down, plastic panels interior front squeek like hell, and stuff like that annoy me, but thats what you get with a dodge

Old 08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6.2
heres my honest opinion, great vansin general, as long as little details dont bother you, we have a 2010 with 290,xxx kms on it, and mechanically its been fine, but things like the seals around windows loose and falling down, plastic panels interior front squeek like hell, and stuff like that annoy me, but thats what you get with a dodge
Did you seriously join DodgeForum just to troll? Go back to your ford fanboy forum.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Easy does it. You are starting to go over the line. If there is a problem, I will take care of it.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 AM
vpnavy
All Star

Originally Posted by switchex
...but as i keep reading reviews about brake problems (mainly with 2008 models) as well as some transmission problems i am having second thoughts...reason why is should buy or avoid the 2011 caravan...
You really have to put things into prespective switchex. Thousands and thousands of rides go from new to old without any major problems. Naturally, you will only hear about problems. Dodge/Chrysler has got a bad rap over the years - they are an easy target. Anyway, I just searched NHTSA...

Dodge Grand Caravan Customer Complaints = 9
Kia Sedona Customer Complaints = 5

Dodge Grand Caravan Safety Recalls = 1
Kia Sedona Safety Recalls = 0

Dodge Grand Caravan Technical Service Bulletins = 1
Kia Sedona Technical Service Bulletins = 0

Old 09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Hate em but keep buying em
Default Run away fast

I'm in my third one. These things are cheap american crap. They WILL have problems. And you WILL have to work on them. Upside is: they are cheap. Don't know about the KIA - they were pretty infamous in the past. Luckily I can usually fix them myself. Sometimes you get lucky and have no problems till the mileage gets over 100k. Don't think you can drive one 200 or 300k like a Honda or Toyota. However, you can buy two of these for one Honda van. So you picks your poison mister.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Hate em but keep buying em
I'm in my third one. These things are cheap american crap. They WILL have problems. And you WILL have to work on them. Upside is: they are cheap. Don't know about the KIA - they were pretty infamous in the past. Luckily I can usually fix them myself. Sometimes you get lucky and have no problems till the mileage gets over 100k. Don't think you can drive one 200 or 300k like a Honda or Toyota. However, you can buy two of these for one Honda van. So you picks your poison mister.

Well well, we have another tr*ll. Only difference is that was his first post ever on this forum, so he LEGITIMATELY only joined just to post that one bashing reply. Get a life you idiots, Just because you enjoy giving your money to Japan/China doesn't mean you need to come in here and talk about how crappy American autos are.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
silverfun
Default RE: Buying a 2011 Caravan tomorrow. Are they any good?!

We just purchased our second van from dodge, our first one was a 2000 Plymouth Voyager, held up great until about 175,000 miles and then one thing after another started to go.

We just purchased a 2011 GC Mainstreet off the lot (10 miles on the clock) and now I have put on 300 miles so far. The only thing I have noticed is the engine idle is kinda weird (sounds like misfiring). But I test drove three of them and they all did this. Brake dust is excessive but I am waiting on them to wear out before I replace with better pads.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran

it's all luck of the draw

i have had 3 new vehicals

2000 Dodge avenger, no major problems at all traded in at 145k for van
2002 Jeep Liberty, no major problems currently at 138k
2006 Dodge Caravan, no major problems, currently at 85k

of course it all depends on what you do your self, and what you consider major, for me, it's engine or trans problems which I have had none,

Quick Reply: Buying a 2011 Caravan tomorrow. Are they any good?!