Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

06 caravan brake bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
chr_edw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced master cylinder - Not to bad

Still have problem of very little pedal - It is way worse than before I changed the pads.

Thanks for the replies But what else am I missing.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chr_edw
Replaced master cylinder - Not to bad

Still have problem of very little pedal - It is way worse than before I changed the pads.

Thanks for the replies But what else am I missing.
Bleed all 4 brake, starting from the farthest caliper/wheel cylinder. And do it TWICE just to get all air out of system.
after that, I recommend you to resurface or replace front rotors that you "pad slapped". and drive it a little bit to seat the pad. If that dont fix it,
and you have rear drum brake, remove drum, try clean and adjustment.

Also, why type of brake pad did you bought? the cheapest one they offer the part store or mid/premium grade?

and please tell me, after you pump the brake few times with engine off and depleted power brake assist, does the pedal turn hard or still sink to floor?

Last edited by steak59; 10-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
chr_edw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually bled them 4 times - not much difference if any. The van has 4 wheel disk. The pads I put on are the wearever gold from Advance. They were like $ 35.

When I pump the brakes engine off the pump up firm and stay firm. While driving pedal goes almost to floor, but if you pump more pressure.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chr_edw
Actually bled them 4 times - not much difference if any. The van has 4 wheel disk. The pads I put on are the wearever gold from Advance. They were like $ 35.

When I pump the brakes engine off the pump up firm and stay firm. While driving pedal goes almost to floor, but if you pump more pressure.
I'll be honest with you, The problem is probably because you went with cheap pads and didn't resurface the rotor.
If it stays firm with engine off, the hydraulic system is fine.

Quick Reply: 06 caravan brake bleeding