Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Caravan - Remote start and wind noise issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM
MDJR
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Caravan - Remote start and wind noise issue

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else is having trouble...

My new van is in the shop for the second time, and now it's been over 3 weeks while they are trying to rid it of a whistling (wind noise) on the drivers side near the top rear corner. Also having trouble with the remote start working when it wants to, and also shuting off the car 1 second after it starts it periodically. Dealer replaced the remote start box but basically told me I was not starting it properly. Anyhow, they replaced all the seals on the door and are still hearing the noise and no longer have any idea on what to do. They said they are in contact with Chrysler and will see what they say...meantime it's been almost 4 weeks now and the van only has 4,000 miles on it.

Has anyone else had any issues with their 2011?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering (wind noise) - try opening (or closing) you roof racks (top of ride) and see if the noise goes away. Noise is like a water leak - you never really know where it starts - you only see where it shows itself...

Old 11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
MDJR
Amateur

Thanks for the suggestion but ours does not have roof racks. Dealer replaced door seal 3 times and thought it was fixed last night but when I picked it up it was still making the same noise. monday will be 4 weeks it had been there now.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about getting a few friends together and positioning them in the front middle and rear of your ride - take a ride and see what happens?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
MDJR
Amateur

If I get the van back and I have to figure it out on my own then I will definitely try that. So far the dealer has had it the entire time, going on 4 weeks this coming Monday. They are trying to contact corp. now to see if there are any known issues but the head tech. acknowleges that there is an issue and so far they have been unable to resolve it...

Old 11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
MDJR
Amateur

Well today marks 5 weeks my van is at the dealer, still no resolve. I'm losing my patience...anyone have any suggestions?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

The remote start problem maybe the WIN/WCM module. The wind noise, has the dealer try masking off the leaking area with masking tape?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM
MDJR
Amateur

They fixed the remote start. They ended up replacing the unit. It is the wind noise that they cannot fix. They did try the making tape last week and now they put another new tech on it. They said they will call corp today if they can't resolve. Just frustrating

Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

my remote sometimes does the same thing does not start unless i put key in and start then it will after i closed doors and such. but this is very intermediate that hard to replicate.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a Minivan with Windnoise from the door once. replaced door seal, no fix.
I fixed it by slightly Bending the Door/window frame inward slightly, so the door close tighter.

Or they can try to puff up the weather strip with some foam tapes behind it.

Last edited by steak59; 11-15-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Caravan - Remote start and wind noise issue