Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Two days of brakes running HOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
nater07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's been while since I've logged in here, but I'll let y'all know what happened: Nothing.
I had pulled both front wheels a couple of times, pushed the calipers back in to make sure they weren't seized, and the problem quit showing itself. We're at nearly 68k miles now, and no issues with the brakes. I'll be replacing pads preemptively again when we get home after the holidays, and will do a thorough check of all components.
If someone would be so kind as to PM the procedures for doing a line flow check, I'd appreciate it. I've thought about replacing all the flex lines with stainless steel braided lines, but for the cost, if I'm not having issues, I'm not going to go down that road.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for getting back. Not sure about the flow test but be sure and clean and lube your caliper pins. Lots of folks don't do it or that just add lube to the dirty lube. I at least Q-tip mine out and then stick the brake clean tube in there and gargle it out some.

Quick Reply: Two days of brakes running HOT