Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Sliding Doors Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 AM
SLT07ThunderRoad
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliding Doors Power Locks

Hi All,

I am often on the 3rd Gen. Ram board, but this is my first post on the Caravan board. My wife has a 2006 GC SXT, with power everything. Currently, the sliding door power locks are not working on both sliding doors. They can be locked/unlocked manually by using the push/pull ****. The power opening function works fine on both doors, but I did have to fix a severed wire in the harness on the driver side last year. Does this sound like a failed solenoid in both doors? Having already repaired the severed wire harness last year myself, should I attempt this as well?

Thanks!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
bobinkski
Rookie

I have a 05, SXT, with power slidding doors. My power lock went out on one door. There is a motor in the acuator that can be replaced. I bought 2 from ebay for $7. Take the door panel off, disconect the rod from the accuator. There is one small screw holding it on. Remove and dont let it drop down into the bottom of the door. There are 6 or 8 small screws holding it together. Carefully take it apart, there is a small spring in there. Remove the motor. Looks like a motor from the old slot cars when I was a kid. The motor number should be FC-280PT-20150 VN395711 Made in Vietnam. Do a search on ebay and you will find alot of them. You will need to remove the gear off the old motor and install it on the new motor.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

You can also have the sliding door module checked for any stored codes too. If the front doors are working fine, then I would agree with the actuators for both sliding doors.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Hawk600

I have the same problem on the passenger side sliding door. It started couple days ago and if you keep hitting the lock/unlock switch, the lock sometime work sometimes not. I think it is the solenoid going bad.
Besides I have some experience with door panels installing speaker, I never opened the sliding door panel before and I am a little afraid to do so but I rather do it myself.

Bobinkski: Thank you for the tip about the motor! I was about to buy the Door Lock Actuator for around $50.
I have done an ebay research and I found these ones @ the price you mentioned:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Mabuchi-F...item256781424b
and they do look exactly as slot cars motors .
Do you think these are similar to the ones you got? I could not find anything with the code VN395711.

Thanks everyone!!

Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
bobinkski
Rookie

Yes they look just like the 2 I bought from ebay. The number is the FC-280PT-20150. The hardest job was the door panel, becareful. To get to the rear clips the door needs to be open.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Hawk600

Thank you again for the letting me know about the rear clips.

I might have to buy the complete actuator (found it for $43 shipped) instead try replacing the motor only because it looks like the 2007 model have a different model with the shaft sticking out of the metal end of the motor instead of the plastic end.
As far as I could research nobody found the exactly replacement for these motors. A member of the Town& Country forum here was able to use the FC-280PC-22125, however it spins the wrong way, locking and unlocking backwards.
Here is the tread with lots of pictures and information.
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...locking-device

Thanks again!!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
bobinkski
Rookie

Hawk, have you taken yours apart yet. The other forum is where I got my idea to repair mine. Take it apart, look at the numbers on it,see if it matches the number I posted.Post back here with what you found, hate to see you spend $43 bucks on a $3.50 motor.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 PM
SLT07ThunderRoad
Rookie

Many thanks to all of you for the support. I am hoping to take one of the doors appart this weekend to see what the actuator looks like in my 06 GC.

Quick Reply: Sliding Doors Power Locks