Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

interior lights flicker door ajar light and bing bing fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
ron29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lights flicker door ajar light and bing bing fix

ok this was my problem i have a 2000 grand caravan es 91,000 miles the interior lights were coming on and off when i started driving it was like a lighting storm going off.and the door ajar light was going on with the bing noise . i was loosing my mind very bad situation at night.any way.I was very nervous cause i just bought the van last week.here is what i did to fix it.open the sliding doors you will see a silver pad on the left hand side clean them and also clean the 2 brass tipped posts that touch the pad to complete the circuit then take a Philips screw driver and carefully loosen the pad to slip something slim behind it .i used a piece of Styrofoam from a dun-kin donuts cup.just enough to extend it to make shure the tips were making contact with the pad i have not had a single problem from them since.I really hope this helps you i looked everywhere for help on the net and couldn't get any advise thank you and happy caravan-in

Attached Thumbnails interior lights flicker door ajar light and bing bing fix-van-001.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:16 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
The sliding door switches have always been a problem on the NS body as well as the other body styles. You can also replace them and they are self adjusting.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:43 AM
ron29

thank you i might have to replace them after tinkering with them they were fine for a while and yesterday the passenger slider lost connection again.and had to adjust it again .do you happen to know the name of the part

Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 PM
martyfa

My 2000 GC is doing the same thing. Did you ever get the part number(s) or price?

Quick Reply: interior lights flicker door ajar light and bing bing fix