Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Passenger Power Sliding Door Doesn't Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
jrey78
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Power Sliding Door Doesn't Work

Hello,

I have a 2005 DGC with a passenger side power door that stopped working. After researching other post on doors, I inspected and conducted a resistance check on the harness with no luck. When you depress the open door button, the door unlocks but the motor does not engage. The door opens and shuts smoothly but the motor does not assist in trying to close or open the door.

I've checked circuit breakers and it's only the passenger side door that isn't working. Is there anywhere else I need to check? The power door lock works fine. Is there a relay that I'm missing?

Please help.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
You need to find out if you have any stored codes in the power sliding door module. It could be the latch assy or broken wires going the motor.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
jrey78
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the reply. How do I read the codes in the door module?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just Unsnap the plastic chain at the bottom and inspect the wires inside. A lot of time they break off after so many years of Flexing. If you find broken wires, it is recommended to replace the whole wire loom. They sell just the Plastic Chain wire loom at the dealer.

It could be a bad Door module too, but reading the code will require a Enhanced scanner.

Quick Reply: Passenger Power Sliding Door Doesn't Work