Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!
Old 08-07-2015, 02:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exhaust and Intake System
Print Wikipost

How to Increase HP in the Pentastar V6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:59 AM
ploc36
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Increase HP in the Pentastar V6?

I have a 2013 RT, any suggestions on how to increase hp would be appreciated. I have put in a K&R air filter in place of the stock and now looking for other MODs, ie chips & exhausts.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 PM
LI_Dave

Really??? Well, this is a bit spendy, but It would be definitely help when you were late to the kids soccer practice

http://www.rippmods.com/2012_13_Jeep...213jk36sds.htm

I'm guessing it could be shoehorned in.

Dave

Old 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
ploc36

Great article for the supercharger. I am looking more in the form of chips & exhaust type of mode. Haven't found many cat-back systems for the Pentastar.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:05 PM
LI_Dave

Understood. I'm just guessing when the performance add on guys make a list of vehicles where they are likely to get a significant demand for their stuff, Minivans are likely at the very bottom of that list.

The only hope is that the widespread use of the pentastar in other more performance oriented vehicles might allow for some trickle down to the Minivans. You might reach out to anybody doing pentastar performance stuff and ask if it would work on the Caravan.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Fabian4
Amateur

Heck best would be a mild nitrous kit! Roughly a nitrous kit costs $500 and spray like a small 35 to 50 shot but wet kit! That should get the van over 300hp at the fly! But don't go to high of a shot where it'll put more stress on the motor!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:12 PM
ploc36

That's way too RAD for me. Looking more like CAI, & custom dual free flow exhaust, that alone should get it over 300hp.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3.6 has 305 hp in the trucks, must just be programming in the controller.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ploc36
Great article for the supercharger. I am looking more in the form of chips & exhaust type of mode. Haven't found many cat-back systems for the Pentastar.
Waste of time. You'll be lucky to gain a tenth or two in the 1/4 mi for $1K spent and you will never feel it. The engine combo was optimized in a lab and test environment thru thousands of hours by professional engineers who know the engine inside and out. Some flunkie who burns chips on a cheap dyno or track isn't going to find significant untapped power. A loud muffler, lower restriction isn't welcome on a minivan people hauler. The additional power in the truck line is likely coming from high flow huge intake induction system that won't fit under the hood plus a high flow exhaust that does not have to snake back and forth around the stow and go undercarriage hardware.

Last edited by Lscman; 09-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM
ploc36

Originally Posted by Lscman
Waste of time. You'll be lucky to gain a tenth or two in the 1/4 mi for $1K spent and you will never feel it. The engine combo was optimized in a lab and test environment thru thousands of hours by professional engineers who know the engine inside and out. Some flunkie who burns chips on a cheap dyno or track isn't going to find significant untapped power. A loud muffler, lower restriction isn't welcome on a minivan people hauler. The additional power in the truck line is likely coming from high flow huge intake induction system that won't fit under the hood plus a high flow exhaust that does not have to snake back and forth around the stow and go undercarriage hardware.
Good point.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Fabian4
Amateur

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
3.6 has 305 hp in the trucks, must just be programming in the controller.
That's what I like to know! Wonder if MOPAR can reflash the Grand Caravan PCM to 305hp if that's what it is!

Quick Reply: How to Increase HP in the Pentastar V6?