Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan RT missing TPMS info on EVIC display?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:07 PM
ploc36
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan RT missing TPMS info on EVIC display?

Took delivery 3 weeks ago, playing with EVIC and found no TPMS info??? All the other info are there, including oil temp, coolant temp etc. According to the manual, the EVIC should display in graphic all 4 tires psi, but my EVIC doesn't even for that line-item. (I understand if your car does not have EVIC, the low tire pressure light on dash will come on if it detect low psi)
Went to dealer & they have no clue and need to do research? IMHO seems like it needs a re-flash to put that info back in?
Anyone out there with any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by ploc36; 09-17-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the EVIC have the entry for "Tire PSI"?

Press and release the UP or DOWN button until “Tire PSI:” displays highlighted in the EVIC. Press the SELECT button to view a graphic of the vehicle with a tire pressure value at each corner of the graphic.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 PM
ploc36

It doesn't have the Tire PSI entry.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ploc36
Took delivery 3 weeks ago, playing with EVIC and found no TPMS info??? All the other info are there, including oil temp, coolant temp etc. According to the manual, the EVIC should display in graphic all 4 tires psi, but my EVIC doesn't even for that line-item. (I understand if your car does not have EVIC, the low tire pressure light on dash will come on if it detect low psi)
Went to dealer & they have no clue and need to do research? IMHO seems like it needs a re-flash to put that info back in?
Anyone out there with any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Ploc36,

The information available on the EVIC varies depending on the vehicle's trim level. If you'd like to PM me your VIN#, I can review if this option came equipped with your vehicle.

Congratulations on your new purchase, I look forward to hearing from you!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM
sundevilfanatic

Katie,

What does it mean when the low pressure warning symbol is flashing on the dash? I have checked all 4 tires and the tire pressure is normal (35 psi). Also, when the light is done flashing it will remain on solid then without notice, it will turn off or will do so the next time my car is turned off and started again.

FYI, I have a 2011 Grand Caravan Crew.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sundevilfanatic
Katie,

What does it mean when the low pressure warning symbol is flashing on the dash? I have checked all 4 tires and the tire pressure is normal (35 psi). Also, when the light is done flashing it will remain on solid then without notice, it will turn off or will do so the next time my car is turned off and started again.

FYI, I have a 2011 Grand Caravan Crew.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sundevilfanatic,

The "Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light" will flash on and off for 75 seconds, and remain on solid when a system fault is detected. The system fault will also sound a chime. If the ignition switch is cycled, this sequence will repeat, providing the system fault still exists. The "Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light" will turn off when the fault condition no longer exists. A system fault can occur with any of the following scenarios:

1. Jamming due to electronic devises or driving next to facilities emitting the same radio frequencies as the TPMS sensors.
2. Installing some form of aftermarket window tinting that affects radio wave signals.
3. Accumulation of excessive snow and/or ice around the wheels or wheel housing.
4. Using tire chains on the vehicle.
5. Using wheels/tires not equipped with TPMS sensors.

This and more information can be found on page 399 of the Owner's Manual. If you have any additional questions please feel free to PM me.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or the more probable, bad pressure sensor.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
DevSlashNull
Default Missing EVIC Options

Found this thread and was wondering if the OP ever got a resolution? I have a 2013 Caravan Crew that also has no TPMS option in the EVIC even though the manual seems to indicate there should be one. Also, I have factory remote start and the manual shows an option in the EVIC for the horn when using the remote start. The EVIC on my vehicle has no such option. I tried emailing Dodge, but received no reply. Should those options be there or not? Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM
ploc36

Originally Posted by DevSlashNull
Found this thread and was wondering if the OP ever got a resolution? I have a 2013 Caravan Crew that also has no TPMS option in the EVIC even though the manual seems to indicate there should be one. Also, I have factory remote start and the manual shows an option in the EVIC for the horn when using the remote start. The EVIC on my vehicle has no such option. I tried emailing Dodge, but received no reply. Should those options be there or not? Thanks in advance for any input.
The official word from Dodge is the GC even top of the line with EVIC do not have the TPMS display with each tire & its pressure, only the warning light if pressure is low. (I am sure all you need is a re-flash of some sort to activate. Talked to my Dealer Mechanic, he is saying any re-flash would need a part number from Dodge for them to perform any function)
As with the remote start, in my RT, you need to go to set-up in EVIC and pick the horn function with remote start. I left that off, as in the morning would wake up neighbours.

Further,
Checked it this morning, I think if you chose power door lock, open & close with horn, the remote start will syn with that function.

Last edited by ploc36; 11-13-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are 2 different tire pressure monitoring systems. The base system can read tire pressure but does not know where the tire is on the car. The premium system knows where the tire is on the car. What you need to get the individual tire pressure readings in the EVIC is the premium tire pressure monitor system and what you have is the base system.

As for DevSlash, there are also more than one level of EVIC and he does not have the level that allows him to select customer programmable features.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan RT missing TPMS info on EVIC display?