Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Anybody else experiencing door lock that wont pop up? And Cruise issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 PM
mdniteracr1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody else experiencing door lock that wont pop up? And Cruise issue

Hey fellas.... I just bought an 08 Grand Caravan sxt. I noticed that when I hit the unlock button (whether I hit lock button on door panel or remote) the front pass side door lock doesnt want to pop up ! I would have to hit switch 10 times to try and get it to pop. It moves very slowly up during each time I hit unlock. And at times, 10 times isnt enough to get it to pop up!!
Anybody know why this is happening? Is it a common prob for these cars?

Also I set my cruise while on highway and the cruise light comes on dash..But the gas pedal doesn't operate on its own. Any known issues with this?

Thanks

Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdniteracr1
Hey fellas.... I just bought an 08 Grand Caravan sxt. I noticed that when I hit the unlock button (whether I hit lock button on door panel or remote) the front pass side door lock doesnt want to pop up ! I would have to hit switch 10 times to try and get it to pop. It moves very slowly up during each time I hit unlock. And at times, 10 times isnt enough to get it to pop up!!
Anybody know why this is happening? Is it a common prob for these cars?
I had a similar problems, the drivers side would unlock but not lock, I had to replace the latch assembly, which includes the power door lock motor.

Originally Posted by mdniteracr1
Also I set my cruise while on highway and the cruise light comes on dash..But the gas pedal doesn't operate on its own. Any known issues with this?
Are you pushing the lever down to set the cruise speed? The gas pedal is a "drive by wire" system so it does not have a cable, therefore the gas pedal does not move while using cruise control.

George

Old 01-21-2014, 11:23 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Does the speed control maintain the speed that you set?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 AM
mdniteracr1

Originally Posted by georgef
I had a similar problems, the drivers side would unlock but not lock, I had to replace the latch assembly, which includes the power door lock motor.

Are you pushing the lever down to set the cruise speed? The gas pedal is a "drive by wire" system so it does not have a cable, therefore the gas pedal does not move while using cruise control.

George
Hey George ! I turn the cruise on and it lights up on dash. I then hit the lever upwards , nothing happens.. I try hitting lever downwards and nothing happens.. I take my foot off the gas to see if the cruise was set and the van just starts to slow down...
What is the correct way to set cruise control? Just hit the cruise button ? Or hit cruise button and then hit the lever or or down? Im used to the older cars where the pedal just sinks down and you know the cruise it working lol

Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 AM
mdniteracr1

Originally Posted by master tech
Does the speed control maintain the speed that you set?
Hey master Tech... No it doesn't... I have no clue if Im doing something wrong.. I hit the button for cruise . The cruise light comes on, but the car slows down if I take my foot off of gas.. Then I try hitting lever upwards and the car slows down while I take my foot off of gas... I try hitting lever downward and the same thing happens..It slows down on its own.
Is the van supposed to maintain the speed when I just simply hit cruise control button? Or do I have to hit the lever up or down also?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:21 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As I said above, push the lever down to set the cruise speed, of course you need to turn the cruise on first by pressing the button in the end of the lever.

George

Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You need to have the vehicle scan for codes. You may have a bad speed control switch. You should either maintain speed or speed up.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 AM
mdniteracr1

Update !!! Cruise works. Not afraid to say it , but I must have been doing something wrong. Ehh, i'm a minivan rookie lol .
Thanks for the help fellas !!

Old 01-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well hey, one down and one to go. That's progress. Probably looking at a lock assembly replacement.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Anybody else experiencing door lock that wont pop up? And Cruise issue