Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Challenger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Challenger?

I made mine functional though![sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too love the functional ram air hood scoops with the butterflies.

The Lil' Red Express doesn't have ram air, it has more of a CAI/fresh air as it just gets the air from in front of the radiator core support. My '88 Daytona Shelby Z was very similar as it got cooler air from the same general area and the SRT-4's get their air from between the inner and outer fenders. None of them are ram air, they are more of a cold air intake. To be ram air it has to scoop up air using the vehicles movement and generally a scoop of some sort to increase the amount of air going into the engine, essentially forcing more air in like a really weak wannabe supercharger.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
illy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ram air as seen on the Challenger prototype is similar to GM's implementation on the 96-2002 Camaro SS. The intake is actually further up the hood than the actual air intake point. Those two scoops may have fed air into a carburated engine back in the day, but throttle bodies are now usually in the front by the radiator and not on top. I know you know this already.

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

I too love the functional ram air hood scoops with the butterflies.

The Lil' Red Express doesn't have ram air, it has more of a CAI/fresh air as it just gets the air from in front of the radiator core support. My '88 Daytona Shelby Z was very similar as it got cooler air from the same general area and the SRT-4's get their air from between the inner and outer fenders. None of them are ram air, they are more of a cold air intake. To be ram air it has to scoop up air using the vehicles movement and generally a scoop of some sort to increase the amount of air going into the engine, essentially forcing more air in like a really weak wannabe supercharger.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:06 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept:

it looks a bit like the camaro concept. easy to say right now, but i havent had a chance to see the pics side by side. Its not a bad looking car, but the pics of the one that was built, looks like they took peices of and old challenger and fab'd some new parts, and slapped it together. just my opinions

Old 01-23-2006, 02:44 AM
rockominal

Hmmm...I dunno if I like the Challenger better than the Charger at this point. The lines on the Challenger seem sort of "forced"...that's the best way I can put it. It reminds me of some of the old vintage print adds that Mopar released for the Roadrunner and 'Cuda...you know, the ones with the crazy, exaggerated cartoon cars. It definately looks like they took the original and squished it to fit on this new platform.
Hmmm... I dunno what yer talkin about. But hey! Some people like skinny model type chicks and I like women with big hips and breasts. Like I've said...so many times before; Challenger and Cuda looked better than EVERYTHING else then... and from what I "see" with this, Dodge certainly looks better than they do now.

=R.o.C.k.=

Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hey Guys,
My name is Kelly S; I’m a Marketing Representative with the Dodge Information Center.

We would like to gather forum members opinions for further evaluation of the Dodge Challenger Concept vehicle.
If you are interested, please take a moment to complete this survey.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_379730/tm.htm

Thank you for your participation.

Kelly S

Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Mr. Crown

Can anyone help me out.. I'm trying too get rims for my 2011 charger. I would like to put 22" on it.. But I've heard it's not that simply.. And the wrong type of rims could mess with my transmission somehow. Does anyone how I could speak to about it?

Quick Reply: New Challenger?