Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Challenger?

Old 11-21-2005, 10:30 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger?

Could this be the new Challenger? We can only hope that the production version comes close, and it's not another misleading tease like the '99 Charger concept was.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629

Old 11-21-2005, 11:07 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: New Challenger?

wow thats sweet

Old 11-21-2005, 11:22 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Damn, that thing is nice.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:35 AM
MGDMike
Champion

I'd trade in my truck in a heartbeat for that beauty. I wonder what the stats will be!

Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Looks really, really good. Here's my question though. Why make the Charger a 4 door and then give us a Challenger? I realize this may be beating a dead horse but I still think the Charger should have been the coupe we all got.

That said, this looks a LOT better then it's previous model. I like the new age look to an old style car, very similar to the way the new Mustang is.

I will say that I am a bit surprised at how bulky it looks. Granted, those pictures arent ideal to truly get an idea of it, but I gotta wonder about it.

Kudos to plum500 and burningman for managing to come up with a very very similar looking concept cars. Looking good fellas, real good!!!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As this project is still too far into the future, I wouldn't drool over anything until we get some finalize results ready for production! We can dream tho. I think the Neon SRT series is about as closest to the concept model that I have seen so far that became production without major changes.

That car looks like a Charger body but with the length shorten, and then changed the front and rear details. Other than that, the car looks awesome. I like to see what they are going to chop off and replace with when this car does go into production.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:09 PM
acdc_mex
Professional

ok nice but will it weight as the charger 4410 pounds?????chrysler needs to improve the weight of most of their cars, or example, the 6.1L weights a lot for 425 bhp. theres an audi with i think 4.8 or something like that with 400bhp.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:15 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

its prolly turbo charged too isnt it acdc?

challenger looks good

Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

that thing looks BADASS. it is about time, you people have waited very impatiently. this thing looks great, but i would still rather have THE CHARGER.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept:

The new Challenger will debut mid-2007 as a 2008 model. The Challenger Concept that is shown from Autoweek.com, will debut at the North American Intr'l Auto Show (NAIAS) in January. The car is powered by a 6.1L HEMI V-8 (has yet to be determined if it is the 392CI HEMI V-8 based from the 6.1L, shown at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas this month.), it is also have a pistol grip shifter which is connected to the 6-speed manual gearbox. More offical pictures will be shown tomorrow, thanks to allpar.com. There is an embargo on the photos, until tonight at midnight.

Here is what a friend of mine from Chrysler Group's Media Providers sent me, today...

The 2006 Dodge Challenger concept resurrects another authentic American muscle car for the Dodge brand and continues to build on the success and heritage of the HEMIĀ® engine. "This concept possesses the heritage and classic forms of the original Dodge Challenger," said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Chrysler Group Design. "However, the ability to use the Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 series architecture as the concept's foundation allowed us to bring a new level of quality and fit-and-finish to a muscle car icon."

These are the photos taken by Autoweek, while doing photo takes from Chrysler Group for the new Challenger. These photos have been enlarged...

I'll post more as word comes in.

redriderbob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Challenger?