Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Is Challenger production delayed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 09:16 AM
Roy Person
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Challenger production delayed?

I ordered a new 2021 Scat Pack on 29 March. No update ftom the dealer other than the order has been accepted. Was not aware of the micro chip issue and plant shutdown/delays.
Is the production line back up and running?

Old 04-26-2021, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Don't know.... Would have to call chrysler corporate and ask 'em. Chip shortage may indeed be causing a problem.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:59 PM
pg6rox
Default ALL new vehicle production is delayed indefinitely….

Just talked to my Ford dealer friends in Michigan and New York and they’re telling me they have ZERO new vehicles on they’re lots. NONE. They both said they probably won’t receive ANY new cars until Oct/Nov. of 2021. This is nationwide and affecting ALL manufacturers. This is all due to the global microchip production shortage. It’s mostly due to Thailand and Vietnam chip manufacturing being shut down because of COVID.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:35 PM
BOISEDJ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told today that 8-12 weeks seems to be the lead time. Once Dodge changes to the 2022 model series, I guess Sept/Oct time frame, spring time would be seen. I'm planning on ordering something soon, I hope.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:15 PM
pg6rox
Default About 12 weeks +-

Originally Posted by BOISEDJ
I was told today that 8-12 weeks seems to be the lead time. Once Dodge changes to the 2022 model series, I guess Sept/Oct time frame, spring time would be seen. I'm planning on ordering something soon, I hope.
That’s great news and I appreciate you adding to this thread BOISEDJ. Very exciting on planning for you upcoming order!
I actually just connected with my saleswoman at the dealership I ordered my Challenger Hellcat Redeye widebody from, and she said my order has been updated with a delivery date of 8/18/21. I ordered it on 5/15/21. Thankfully, I think Dodge is in a better position than many other manufacturers and dealers.

Pat in St. Paul, MN

Old 07-18-2021, 09:10 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 592 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by pg6rox
Just talked to my Ford dealer friends in Michigan and New York and they’re telling me they have ZERO new vehicles on they’re lots. NONE. They both said they probably won’t receive ANY new cars until Oct/Nov. of 2021. This is nationwide and affecting ALL manufacturers. This is all due to the global microchip production shortage. It’s mostly due to Thailand and Vietnam chip manufacturing being shut down because of COVID.
Actually, it's partly chip production being reduced during the pandemic and partly because of a container shortage.They come to the U.S., go to South Africa with produce, then sit there. The Kentucky State Fairground is full of Ford trucks from their Louisville plant. When the chips come in, they will be installed and shipped, but they haven't got the chips yet.

...and people wonder why I prefer older iron.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:45 AM
BOISEDJ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya chip shortage is effecting everything. Well, i'm off to the dealer tomorrow to check on a few things for my perspective order. Hoping I can get all I want.
When I get the order going, it will give me some time to save up a bit more on the down. I'll just have to be patient and wait for it.

I'll be sure to get some good winter tires going and maybe a 2nd set of wheels so I can swap out as needed. Going to be interesting to be back in an American car vs European. LOL. Time for change.
I'll post again on what goes on.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:58 AM
pg6rox
Default Interesting - thanks regarding supply chain

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Actually, it's partly chip production being reduced during the pandemic and partly because of a container shortage.They come to the U.S., go to South Africa with produce, then sit there. The Kentucky State Fairground is full of Ford trucks from their Louisville plant. When the chips come in, they will be installed and shipped, but they haven't got the chips yet.

...and people wonder why I prefer older iron.
Interesting regarding the shipping constraints and the Ford truck info’. It’s pretty crazy out there. I don’t know what to believe anymore!

Old 07-20-2021, 10:07 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 592 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by pg6rox
Interesting regarding the shipping constraints and the Ford truck info’. It’s pretty crazy out there. I don’t know what to believe anymore!

Before I retired, I would get a daily digest of things the company would send out to update people in different jobs. I worked in logistics so I generally went to that part. The pandemic showed a bunch of problems with the status quo. A lot of companies were rethinking their supply chain logistics. Between bringing bsic supply production back on shore and spreading into other countries. China is still a big player but India is chasing them and Vietnam is coming on strong.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:02 PM
pg6rox

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Before I retired, I would get a daily digest of things the company would send out to update people in different jobs. I worked in logistics so I generally went to that part. The pandemic showed a bunch of problems with the status quo. A lot of companies were rethinking their supply chain logistics. Between bringing bsic supply production back on shore and spreading into other countries. China is still a big player but India is chasing them and Vietnam is coming on strong.
Oh I bet the last 17 months has taught so many businesses MANY lessons on supply chain management and production. Good info’ about India and Vietnam - competition is great for consumers!

Quick Reply: Is Challenger production delayed?