Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Dodge Challenger to make video game debut

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:10 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger to make video game debut

The Dodge Challenger is featured in the next Need for Speed game. The game is called is Need for Speed: Carbon and is featured in July's edition of Game Informer. There are several shots of the car being used.

This would so be kickass!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Carbon

So far there isnt much else on the game....but its looking sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

You can see the article pictures here:

http://www.nfs-fr.com/

Old 06-20-2006, 07:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Challenger to make video game debut

a wallpaper that i found online.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/181315B4AC4140658D3C062D9346CE06.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy that thing is a brick, ha ha...

Old 07-11-2006, 03:56 PM
IshouldaGOTtheHEMI
Rookie

they have the video of the challenger drifting against the evo here

Old 07-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ive been disappointed in the need for speed games so far. i like em but on most wanted they had it so that you had to race a boss type guy to unock a new set of cars you could buy and i unlocked the viper and its stats were much slower than the corvettes even tho in real life the viper is way better and they tend to use mainly foreign cars in their video games or tuners with 4 cyl engines as opposed to big block engines it looks like theyre finally starting to change that for us guys that like theyre games but prefer big block american muscle to foreign made 4 bangers

Old 08-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Racevette77
Professional

What has dissappointed me in these games is the fact that they allow you to do / build up the "Tuner" type cars 4cyl and such to run with the V8's and accually make the V8 slower.

I dont care what kinda car you have
**there is NO replacement for Displacement** Were talking pure HP / TQ #'s here not the weight of the car.

Anything you can do to a 4cy to make it faster you can do to a V8+. But in these games they dont allow the mods necessarry for you to build a V8 monster and they dont give the proper hp #'s that would come from these mods to a V8+, but they allow the mods for a 4cyl Monster with appropriate or overrated hp #'s. Verry dissappointing to me.

Gimmie a game where i can buy a/an American muscle that i can turbo / supercharge and i can boar it out and all that good stuff.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has been a huge problem of mine for quite some time, especially with the Gran Turismo series. The GT series prides itself on their realism and real physics, yet all the popular Japanese 4 and 6 cylinder cars fully modified are right around 1,000 HP while the American 4 and 6 cylinder cars are lucky to see 500 HP and the V8's are lucky to hit 600+ HP. I don't know of very many 4 or 6 cylinder cars foreign or domestic that have 1,000+ HP and they are full drag ONLY cars, but I know of many V8 domestics that have around 1,000+ HP and very streetable. The most powerful modified 4 and 6 cylinders are at that point, yet the most powerful modified V8's are several thousand horsepower. To some degree I can see the handling difference between a modern car versus a 30+ year old musclecar, but they make it to where a fully modified 4 cylinder import with 1,000 HP can easily out handle a fully modified musclecar that only has 500+ HP, give me a frickin' break. A full on drag car isn't going to be able to turn on a dime, yet in GT they can, and a musclecar that is between stock and only 100 HP over stock with full modifications cannot make even the simplest of curves without going far too wide or spinning out. They also underrate EVERY American cars horsepower while the Japanese cars are correct and/or overrated. I guess the Japanese companies and game makers cannot be completely objective and not be biased.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Ben@tirerack
Professional

I think you have a good point about GT. I love those games, and I love the amazing variety of cars they offer (I had a second major in GT-2 in college) but they are very Japan-centric. How many different versions of the (admittedly awesome) Skyline do you really need in one game?!? The big issue with the horsepower is the way they structure the mods. Most cars they don't let you add on any forced induction if the car didn't have it to begin with. So any car that has FI to begin with is at a huge advantage. An N/A car you've got a bunch of bolt on mods, and occasionally the chance to bump the displacement. This is mostly coming from GT-2 that I played for like 9 bazillion hours, compared to the more recent ones where I've just dabbled (silly stuff like work keeps getting in the way) but I think it still holds. As far as the handling, well hell, it's still a video game, and it's no fun if your 1000 HP car can't handle at all. They do make it a little tougher as the HP goes up, but it's still not 100% simulation.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Street_Challenged73

The new NFS:Carbon represents the Challenger rather well. It's one of the quicker cars on the game and it's cool to know they used a '71 Challenger to get all the camera views needed for properly recreating the lines and contours. This was posted over at one of the other sites I'm mostly on when outside of classes.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/in...?topic=27360.0

I do agree with what has been said about the Gran Turismo games...Much more realistic overall and you don't have to Rice the cars out to get a "better" rating.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i rented nfs carbon a few days ago and because of work and school have only had a few hours on it until today because i got sick and had to call in to work. i love the fact that not only can you get american cars, but you can get good american cars as opposed to the ford focus you were stuck with in underground 2 (until you had basically beat the game then you could get a gto or mustang but you still had to rice it out) and for once mopars are represented as compared to other games where there wasnt one single dodge or chrysler product, in this game they have the chrysler 300c srt8, a 68-70s model charger R/T, and i havent unlocked it yet but the challenger is available too. i started out with the camaro (very cool of them to use the old body styles for most of the muscle cars too) and just got the charger R/T.

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger to make video game debut