Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

ANYTHING BUT RICE RIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
THE STUD
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ANYTHING BUT RICE RIGHT?

man, has anybody watched that new show on Fox? it's called DRIVE. The second episode, they gave the dude a sweet retro challenger, and man when i saw it, i nearly drooled. I'm gonna watch the show just for that car. WOW

Old 04-19-2007, 09:08 PM
scg87
Veteran

ORIGINAL: THE STUD

ORIGINAL: grungerockjeeper

I thought we'd established that I have a slight preference for American cars a long time ago. But I recognize that the foreign guys have something to offer also. The thing to keep in mind is that the USA invented the concept of V-8 power and rear drive wrapped up in sporty but manly sheet metal. No one else is going to beat us at that game. Most foreign sporty cars tend to rely on technological wizardry rather than brute strength in order to go fast. We make some decent enough cars in that league, but I think thats more the turf of the Japanese cars. Both approaches are going to lead to some fast and sweet cars, but theyre gonna be pretty different. Its just a question of preference.

Still, the Z a trend? Those came out in either '69 or '70. Like it or not, the Z is a classic, if not quite as much as the 'stang.

I might lean towards the stang if not for the challenger...
wait what is this z car your talkin about? i thought u were saying an rx8, which is a mazda, which is actually a ford. and if you don't know, what is this z car yoru talkin about the 350z?
we americans invented nearly every kind of vehicle you see today, cars, muscle cars, trucks, suv's, vans. We invented all the technology that you see as well, from the v8 to fuel injection to vvt to mds, etc. All the technology they use on their little cars, WE INVENTED. like i said, what do they offer we didn'tinvent first? and all those technological terms they throw around mean nothing when you look at them. their just stupid names for nothing
WOW....... you have to be the most narrow-minded f#cking dumd@ss I've come across in a long time. You need to stop living in your little fantasy world, and take astep back to look at the grand scheme of things.

1. Someone saying they like Japanese cars or that they have good traits is not endorsing them. It's being LOGICAL, something you obviously can't get a grasp of. You act likeowning a Japanese car, or evenliking one for that matter, makes someone a terrorist. Grow up.

2. How many Japaneses "ricers" have you owned or driven?? 'Cause if your basing your opinion on just a few cars that you had bad experiences w/, or your bullsh!t fuel economy numbers, then your opinion is completely unjustified.

3. The 350Z's heritage actually goes back BEFORE the Mustang came out. That's right before. Try 1959, when the Nissan Fairlady first debuted. So which one is the classic?? The Z isn't popular, are you serious?? The car hashuge fan base, numerous clubs and orginazations, and the newest installment, the 350Z, has been so competitve in the marketplace, as well in performance, that it has caried-on largely unchanged since it came out 2002 as an '03 model.

4. Americans invented practically every automotive advance??? That one's really funny. So what exactly did we invent??? We didn't invent electri-powered cars. We didn't event hydrids. We didn't invent AWD. We didn't invent variable valve technology. We didn't invent direct-injection. We didn't invent forced induction. We didn't invent seqeuntial transmissions. We didn't invent. But let me guess, those aren't significant automotive inventions, are they??? Okay, how about this one, We didn't even invent the f#cking car.

5. If American cars are so great, how come half of them are out production??? Where are these GTO's, Cuda's, etc you talk so highly of?? Challenger- just coming back out, Camaro- just coming back out, Grand Prix- fixing to get axed, Nova- dead, Chevelle- dead, Thunderbird- dead, TransAm- dead, RoadRunner- dead, and the list goes on. And the ones that are left, Charger, Impala, Monte Carlo, etc arepathetic caricatures of the originals masquerading as a worthy interpretation of their predecessors.

So, in hindsight, pretty muchEVERY car and situation you've compared has been futile. It's obvious from your argument, that you really don't know **** about cars, and are not a TRUE car enthusiast. I'll buy a car or truck or van or SUV, from whoever I damn well please. If you don't like, too damn bad. This is America, and under America's Constitution, I, along w/ everyone else on this board, have the right to do so. If American manufacturers wouldpull their heads out of their @sses, and stop making (for the most part) sh!tty cars, than Toyota andHonda and the like wouldn't be taking their marketshare. Because the bottomline is, you have to makewhat the consumers want. And it's pretty obvious it's not domestic carson outdated platforms w/ weak engines, marginal safety ratings,terrible resale values, and iffy reliability.And before you go jumping to conclusions, I'm not some Anti-American, unpatriotic retard. I own a domestic. I've ownedat least one domestic every since I could drive. I love old muscle cars. Vipers and Corvettes are two of my favorite cars.Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm in the Military. So go ahead and call me unpatriotic. I don't like Toyota's plans to overtake every other auto manufacturer in the market, and I hope they fail.Besides, evenif they do make it, there will always be die-hard, tried-and-true customers who are loyal only to Detroit. And simply for that reason, there will ALWAYS be a big three, they'll just be the "Big American Three". Ford, Dodge, and GM, will never gobe put out of businees by other automakers.I hate Eclipses, Integras, and the like. And I view Civics and Camry's and the like as soulless appliance on wheels. They are, however, great, cheap, efficient, reliable forms of transportation, and that appeals to many people. The fact of the matter is,many "domestic" cars are built outside the US and they're parts makeup is rarely more than 70% American. Meanwhile, BMW has plants in South Carolina, Toyota has one in Alabama, so on and so forth. Platform sharing andproduction plant locations have blurred the line of"what's domestic, what's not" to obscurity. And to completely dismiss an entire nation's worth of carmakers and their products solely because of where they come from, is stupid.So stop talking ****, open up your narrow little mind, andlet every thing I just typed sink into your prejudiced-filled, spiteful head.

Oh, and......

HAVE A NICE DAY[&:]

Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 AM
THE STUD
Rookie

your a freakin looney. thats all i have to say to u. u don't know anything u yourself say. raging lunatic. yikes.
you don't make one valid point except your foul language which shows your low intelligence. i feel stupider for reading and even replying to your trashy level, but a freak like you can't go unchecked forever. what, ur some dumb kid who owns a little ricer and thinks he knows something?
how many cars u owned? try 20 brand new in the last 15 years. oh what you can't? didn't think so psycho.what's ur basis, the whopping 2 or 3 used cars you've maybe owned?

Hey rice lover, being narrow minded is being stupid. Your very stupid. U think that being narrow minded is telling people to quit living in the twisted media induced hypnotic state that rice is better is narrow minded? man i don't know what's wrong with you, but u have nothing productive to add except your random blabber I can't half way through.

Wanna know why those cars from classic aren't around anymore? cause idiots like u went out and started buying hondas and toyotas when gas went up, then they went out and bought them when they were told that their quality was better. if you wanna know who put these classics in the history books, take a look at yourself.

oh and electric cars are a joke, and why did u say i thought somebody was a terrorist? man you are nuts. GO BACK HOME TO MOMMY AND LEARN HOW TO THINK PROPERLY
freak
if you'd like to continue discussing this with a genius with 165 iq, go ahead, if I can find one interesting logical thing u say, I might just slam you, so you quit talking **** you hipocrit

oh and ur really dumb if you think a brand is american cause it builds an assembly plant here, talk about buying their propoganda. they assemble what they made in their own countries, so their american?lol your gullable

and how many of these new "american ****ty cars" have you owned? i mean real ones, not cobalts or tiny focuses. give me what u know from experience all knowing one. list ur new from dealer vehicles that you've had. go ahead, make a fool of yourself
I'm not a car enthusiast? lol, that's beyond crazy. you should be committed.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
scg87
Veteran

your a freakin looney. thats all i have to say to u. u don't know anything u yourself say. raging lunatic. yikes.
you don't make one valid point except your foul language which shows your low intelligence. i feel stupider for reading and even replying to your trashy level, but a freak like you can't go unchecked forever. what, ur some dumb kid who owns a little ricer and thinks he knows something?
how many cars u owned? try 20 brand new in the last 15 years. oh what you can't? didn't think so psycho.what's ur basis, the whopping 2 or 3 used cars you've maybe owned?

Hey rice lover, being narrow minded is being stupid. Your very stupid. U think that being narrow minded is telling people to quit living in the twisted media induced hypnotic state that rice is better is narrow minded? man i don't know what's wrong with you, but u have nothing productive to add except your random blabber I can't half way through.

Wanna know why those cars from classic aren't around anymore? cause idiots like u went out and started buying hondas and toyotas when gas went up, then they went out and bought them when they were told that their quality was better. if you wanna know who put these classics in the history books, take a look at yourself.

oh and electric cars are a joke, and why did u say i thought somebody was a terrorist? man you are nuts. GO BACK HOME TO MOMMY AND LEARN HOW TO THINK PROPERLY
freak
if you'd like to continue discussing this with a genius with 165 iq, go ahead, if I can find one interesting logical thing u say, I might just slam you, so you quit talking **** you hipocrit

oh and ur really dumb if you think a brand is american cause it builds an assembly plant here, talk about buying their propoganda. they assemble what they made in their own countries, so their american?lol your gullable

and how many of these new "american ****ty cars" have you owned? i mean real ones, not cobalts or tiny focuses. give me what u know from experience all knowing one. list ur new from dealer vehicles that you've had. go ahead, make a fool of yourself
I have low intelligence, yet you actually used "stupider" in your post. Haha. And you're a genius??? Right.....

How many cars have I owned??? Ten: 1986 Ford Ranger 4wd, 1999 Cavalier Coupe, 2 different Dodge Dakota R/T's (both 1999, one sc, one cc), 1994 Honda Accord, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, and I currently own a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, 1999 Trans Am, and a 2006 Nissan 350Z. Of those, the Cavalier was ****. The Accord was ****. The Ranger was okay. Never had a problem w/ either Dakota's, ran flawlessly since I bought them. Grand Prix was reliable, but old and out-dated. Both Trans Am's were fairly reliable, but have cheap interiors.And both the Audi and Nissan havebeen perfect since I bought them. If that car history's not enough for you, how about this- I worked at a GM/Chrysler dealer for 4 years. We sold Buick, Chevy, Pontiac, Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. I saw firsthand how reliable American vehicles were. SomeARE very reliable, some aren't.

I'm a stupid rice-lover??? How so?? Because I've owned two Japanese cars, and I hated one of them. Yeah, that's what I thought, shut up.

They're not around because idiots like me went out and bought Toyotas and Hondas??? Okay,too bad as stated above, I've only owned two Japanese cars, and neiter was a Toyota. Besides, I'd take a '69 Camaro SS or a'68 Road Runner over an S2000 or NSX anyday. I would trade my 350Z for'69 Camaro w/out giving it a second thought.

I never said abrand was American because it has an assembly planthere, dumbass. Read the entire post before putting words in my mouth.

The cars I bought newwere the Grand Prix, and the Nissan, not that matters.

NO, you'reNOT a true car enthusiast. Anyone who considers a car rice, or thinks it sucks, just because of where it's made is not a true car enthusiast. Period. THE END.

So let's hear your stellar comeback, genius........

Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
THE STUD
Rookie

ORIGINAL: scg87

freak

I have low intelligence, yet you actually used "stupider" in your post. Haha. And you're a genius??? Right.....

How many cars have I owned??? Ten: 1986 Ford Ranger 4wd, 1999 Cavalier Coupe, 2 different Dodge Dakota R/T's (both 1999, one sc, one cc), 1994 Honda Accord, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, and I currently own a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, 1999 Trans Am, and a 2006 Nissan 350Z. Of those, the Cavalier was ****. The Accord was ****. The Ranger was okay. Never had a problem w/ either Dakota's, ran flawlessly since I bought them. Grand Prix was reliable, but old and out-dated. Both Trans Am's were fairly reliable, but have cheap interiors.And both the Audi and Nissan havebeen perfect since I bought them. If that car history's not enough for you, how about this- I worked at a GM/Chrysler dealer for 4 years. We sold Buick, Chevy, Pontiac, Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep. I saw firsthand how reliable American vehicles were. SomeARE very reliable, some aren't.

I'm a stupid rice-lover??? How so?? Because I've owned two Japanese cars, and I hated one of them. Yeah, that's what I thought, shut up.

They're not around because idiots like me went out and bought Toyotas and Hondas??? Okay,too bad as stated above, I've only owned two Japanese cars, and neiter was a Toyota. Besides, I'd take a '69 Camaro SS or a'68 Road Runner over an S2000 or NSX anyday. I would trade my 350Z for'69 Camaro w/out giving it a second thought.

I never said abrand was American because it has an assembly planthere, dumbass. Read the entire post before putting words in my mouth.

The cars I bought newwere the Grand Prix, and the Nissan, not that matters.

NO, you'reNOT a true car enthusiast. Anyone who considers a car rice, or thinks it sucks, just because of where it's made is not a true car enthusiast. Period. THE END.

So let's hear your stellar comeback, genius........
All I can say is didn't your mom every wash your mouth out with soap. Your like a little boy with a potty mouth. lol, never seen somebody so psycho. And you sold cars to people? man I find that hard to believe, from your writing I thought you were like 16.
and once again, people can't read anything. I said list NEW CARS!!!!!!!!! THAT YOU BOUGHT NEW. You had a new Grand Prix and Nissan. well duh their reliable, their brand new, so your basis is mostly on used cars, that's reliable,NOT.
and yes car enthusiasts are true American Car enthusiasts because they don't go for asian cars. Sorry I"m american, guess cause I love my own vehicles, I'm not a car enthusiast? Man you really are stupid. So your idea of an enthusiast is someone who likes every kind of car there is, has no preferences, and doesn't dislike companies. lol, i can only laugh.
and the genius part, yeah, I must have made up the iq just to impress a loser on the internet right? NOT. Try valedictorian pre-med going for surgery. and your a car salesman? lol, goodbye dweeb, I'm not responding to your profanity rich statements, grow up and try to argue like an adult, maybe somebody might listen to you one day. maybe......by

Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
scg87
Veteran

OMG, valedictorian pre-med???? Do you want a cookie??? You can do that, yet you can't even spell the word "bye" correctly. Hahaha. Andonce again, as usual you've jumped to conclusions because you think you're a know-it-all:

1. You didn't say list cars I bought new. You asked "How many cars have you owned?" You don't even remember what you said in your own posts, "genius".

2. Nowhere in my post did I state I was ever a car salesman. I said I worked at a car dealer. I was actually a detailer. And I don't still work there.

3. You thought I was 16, after my first post stated I was in the military..... further evidence to the fact that you're a genius, hahaha, NOT

4. Oh man, my posts automatically have nologic to them because I used a "bad word". Man, arrest me, and send me to jail. Seems to me you say my posts are illogical, because you don't even read them all the way through, and because in every one I state FACTS, notOPINIONS.

5. Again, a perfect example of a genius' exemplary reading skills: I didn't say true car enthusiasts couldn't dislike a company or car. But to have an unjust prejudice against a whole country's car makers for no REAL reason, is childish thinking at best.

So, I look forward to your genius post full of spelling errors and rambling nonsense.

And oh, are you ready? Are you you sure?? It's a really hard word to spell...... bye.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 AM
THE STUD
Rookie

in response to #1 again, you are very stupid. read my post again, here's the quote for you if you can't read.
"list ur new from dealer vehicles that you've had"
who can't read? oh that must be you

and about the typos, who the hell cares. think i have time to spellcheck this krap. i can't even believe i waste the time to argue with some dope, yes you **** me off enough to do it. if you think spelling is a sign of intelligence, then u fulfill my prediction of being an idiot. maybe next time i'll give u a full out essay with sources, witll that suffice? i thought i better use small words for small people like u.

and yes u state opinions, you stated "domestic carson outdated platforms w/ weak engines, marginal safety ratings,terrible resale values, and iffy reliability". and that's not opinion? so who is rambling with opinion? HIPOCRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, your a detailer, you must know alot about cars then, NOT. u shine paint, how sad

so your the military huh. your supposedly patriotic, get payed by americans, drive american military vehicles, fight alongside americans, and stand up for asian vehicles. wow, what irony,

and would you get the stupid idea out of ur head that i hate the rice for no reason. I've stated in like 50 posts why I hate them, try reading all the ones up until now. it's cause they are full of ****, their posers trying to take over our own people's jobs and homes, and not because their short people on a little island you dumbass. don't know how many times i have to say that, it's like nobody is home in that head of yours.
you even say that you don't want toyota taking over either, THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ARGUING FOR? don't know where you got this racist picture of me, never said anything that would lead somebody to think of race. I'm American, I support American companies. Isn't that the logical thing to do? if you don't like it, go play on the kia forum, i'm sure they'd love to have you. funny a guy on a dodge forum standing up for rice(who's helping to put dodge and ford in the hole, possibly bankrupt in the future), i just don't get it

do you?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM
thestealth
Champion

the stud: Your family has bought 20 new cars in 10 years?? You've only talked about one import, an Accord, what were the other 19 cars? Please keep your response short and too the point as your rambling posts with no direction are not easy to follow.

Edit: I think it was you that said Saab was a domestic brand...surely someone as knowledgable as you would know that is incorrect.

ORIGINAL: Street_Challenged73

When I get my new daily driver this summer, I'll be looking at something with the Dodge nameplate on it, but in reality it's a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 with different body panels here and there. My parents are hesitant to see me switch from Toyota as they've been reliable as hell for our entire family, I'll give Mitsu motors a try with some of their older technology that have that sporty look I'm after....
Good luck finding one that hasn't been abused. When you do find one, I expect to see you posting in my section.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
scg87
Veteran

freak

Well look at that, I DID read the post after all.Check the bold section of text, dummy.
And of the ones I listed, I stated which ones I bought new.

Me talking about American cars w/ outdated platforms and engines, resale values, etc, is NOT an opinion. How about you read up on some J D Power, and other consumer reports. The architecture of the 3.8 V6 in the Grand Prix is over 30 years old. W/ 3.8 liters of displacement, it struggles to make 200 hp. So yeah, that's old. That's outdated. That's weak. Or how about the Mustang, whichuntil 2005's redesign, used the same basic chasis and underpinnings since 1979. That's oldand outdated.

Andwhen did I say you were racist??? If you're a genius like you claim, you should know the term "prejudice" doesn't necessarily refer to race.

And yeah, I do know a lot about cars. More than you and all of your other worthless, douchebag, midlife crisis, balding buddies put together. ***got.

The problem is the "reasons" you hate "rice" are pointless and retarded.

But it doesn't matter though, because you used foul language in your last post. So it was automatically illogical. I wouldn't even have replied if it weren't for the simple fact that I love getting on here every day and completely PWNING a total moron...........

Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

[quote]ORIGINAL: scg87

[quote]ORIGINAL: THE STUD

ORIGINAL: grungerockjeeper

4. Americans invented practically every automotive advance??? That one's really funny. So what exactly did we invent??? We didn't invent electri-powered cars. We didn't event hydrids. We didn't invent AWD. We didn't invent variable valve technology. We didn't invent direct-injection. We didn't invent forced induction. We didn't invent seqeuntial transmissions. We didn't invent. But let me guess, those aren't significant automotive inventions, are they??? Okay, how about this one, We didn't even invent the f#cking car.

5. If American cars are so great, how come half of them are out production??? Where are these GTO's, Cuda's, etc you talk so highly of?? Challenger- just coming back out, Camaro- just coming back out, Grand Prix- fixing to get axed, Nova- dead, Chevelle- dead, Thunderbird- dead, TransAm- dead, RoadRunner- dead, and the list goes on. And the ones that are left, Charger, Impala, Monte Carlo, etc arepathetic caricatures of the originals masquerading as a worthy interpretation of their predecessors.
I dunno about AWD, but we did invent 4wd. It goes back well before even the ****** MB, back to the Jeffery Quad...

The reason all those GTOs, Novas, Javelins, etc are dead is thanks mostly to our government and all its **** ant regulations that do nothing but kill the fun. CAFE standards, emission laws, pollution equipment, etc are all pure crap that do nothing but ruin the automotive industry. That garbage HAS to be mandated since no one in their right mind would buy a car based on any of that crap.

But the fact that the market has been dominated by non-enthusiasts is partly to blame also. When a soul-less tinker toy appliance like a toyota camry costs $38K ( a friend of mine priced one) and becomes the best selling car in america while the whole time you can get a Mustang GTfor around$32K something is seriously wrong. People just dont demand enough for their hard earned money. Our country is populated by mindless sheep who'll let the automakers and the government shove lame asssedans down their throats and pay top dollar for it the whole time. Its a bad reflection on us as a nation of supposed car nuts when a great machine like the Challenger can disappear for 30+ years before someone finally yanks their head out of their ***.

Quick Reply: ANYTHING BUT RICE RIGHT?