Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

r/t to srt beater

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 AM
mnboy
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: r/t to srt beater

I'm "Up North" in Crookston -- darn near a suburb of Winnipeg, a? LOL.

There are several Daytona's around the area I have met including Fargo and Thief River Falls.

I have a 2006 Mango Daytona with a K & N 63, Magnaflow chrome 4" rear tips (replaced the stock muffler/resonator rear units [ I had replaced the big "suitcase" resonator also with the MF muffler, but the DRONE drove me out of the car when the MDS kicked in -- I've put the stock suitcase unit back on]), and the Superchips programmer. I'vealso modified my radiator air dam to deflect cool airtowards the K&Nair filter -- I can drive around in the heat and the top chrome head and most of thetubeis cooler than the tube at the intake. Otherwise stock. I ran a 14.02 with my Jet 2 chip, but have yet to try the quarter mile with the SC program.

Good to hear froma fellow Minnesotan.

MN

Old 07-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Stroker
Veteran

Your right you get what you pay for, but be carefull your not paying for advertising or a name. The one I linked to had a K&N filter but a tube is a tube. I am at a loss here because I'm not familiar with the intake setup on the Chargers so I'm not sure how true this is but if they are anything like the Ram's the CAI doesn't really get a cooler charge. They have a setup for the rams that locate the filter behind the fog light that is good but other then that they all pull air from the same place the stock one does. I can give you a prime example of paying for a name. How many people think Intel makes the best computer processors? Now just the people who work on computers? If we were getting a realistic answer you would be hearing the computer people say AMD, or at least a good porsion of them. They are much cheaper and every bit as good and in some situations they are better, but because they didn't hire a bunch of guys to paint themselves blue you don't pay as much. Ok that kindaturned into along rant but the point is your talking about a tube and some hose clamps. Just how can you get hurt if it bolts up and fits. BTW my K & N is the drop in kind not a CAI, when I bought it the E-bay deals weren't there and the other companies hadn't started making the rechargable air filters yet, so it was really the only choice.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:45 AM
mnboy
Captain

Stoker,
I think the literature on the ebay one said it was aluminum. K&N's is plastic, as you know. Mopar's is metal also, but I wonder what thickness, smoothness, and if the cheap one has a seam to split? Ok, ok, I don't know. I don't want to blow this into anything, and I didn't mean to, so I'm off it.
You are right about the CAIair filters -- I have a K&N which, like your's, is a RAM type, not really a CAI (my kids with their wild set ups tell me that too!), but I have modified mine to take in cool air from the grill, so mine actually does have fresh air to it.Yeah, I get theIntel vs AMD from my oldboy too... LOL.However, I understand what you are saying my friend.

MN

Quick Reply: r/t to srt beater