Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2009 Charger Starting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020 | 04:44 PM
C VR
|
Default 2009 Charger Starting Issues

Got a rebuilt engine installed on my 2009 Charger last year. About a month ago the car would not start. Just a click, all lights and such still worked. I tried to jump with another car to no success. AAA came out and jumped it with a battery pack. Had advanced auto do a check on the battery, starter, alternator and everything checked out ok. A couple of weeks ago it would not start again, same issue, just a click but all dash lights and such still worked. Jumping with another car did nothing. However while waiting for assistance about 15 minutes later I tried to start it and it started up. Seems like the car sporadically won't start and also sporadically will start. Battery cable connections at terminals are tight. Any ideas on this issue?

Old 03-01-2020 | 03:31 AM
Marian5,7

Probably damaged starter (brushes hang), check the starter fuse maybe something is not connecting.

Old 03-01-2020 | 11:47 AM
primem
Record Breaker

+1 for worn brushes...if it is worn brushes...when the problem occurs, if you tap the starter the brushes will seat and the car may start...replace brushes or starter.

any starting or charging system problem...rule out the battery first.

Old 03-11-2020 | 01:48 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Inspect you TIPM module and check all the connection. You could have a wire that back out for the starter system.

Quick Reply: 2009 Charger Starting Issues