Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

GS Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS Supercharger

What did them guys tell you MIKE?

Old 08-06-2006, 04:51 PM
moparmike
Professional

I didn't get a chance to call on friday and I'll be out of town next week. I'll try next friday.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:18 AM
nastefast662

I just recently had my 2005 magnum 5.7 supercharged by GS motorsports. They installed the dyno max headers and magna flow exhaust. they also installed my big boost charger. They did the install for 2k for everything..I love the s.charger on it now and its so street able. i have the 1500 novi charger and you bearly hear the whine. As i was driving back home with it. i was at 100mph and hammered it. the speedo couldn't keep up. i was at 140 in about 5-7 secs from 100..and it put me back in my seat and kept pushing out the juice. if you have any questions i know im like the geaine pig for this set up and people will want to hear my results. I will be going to the dyno this week to see the results..i will keep you guys posted...

[>:]

Old 08-07-2006, 12:23 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

DID they do the ESP mod,and what about torque management ?How many lbs of boost u runnin ?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 AM
moparmike
Professional

[sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif]

I will be waiting for any updates. Please give us more info...

Moparmike

Old 08-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional

OK. I'm gonna stick my 2 cents in. First of all, I would like to reinforce those who say that superchargers, blowers and turbochargers are the same thing - air compressors. In the "old days" the terms supercharger and blowers were used interchangeably and correctly so. The difference between a supercharger/blower and a turbocharger is the drive system. Both come in different sizes and setups for different applications. Mild boost for the street is good but anything too radical will definitely find weak components. It sounds like the consensus is be 6 to 8 psi max for an "unmodified" street car.

My co-worker has been playing with turbos for a while and has managed to destroy a couple of engines (and a transmission) due to overpressure and detonation. Detonation is sneaky because while you may not be able to hear it all the time it definitely takes it's toll via fatigue from the shock of the uncontrolled explosions. For anything more than 6 to 8 psi you would probably want to go with forged parts and drop the compression ratios a few points. Transmissions, rear axles, drive shafts, engine mounts, all take abuse from large increases in power and fail. More robust cooling systems would be adviseable. Compressing air makes it hotter - think about intercoolers. You have to exhaust all the extra air that you are forcing in so look at that end as well. The truly well engineered bolt on systems are spendy for a reason. If you look at all that goes into a Lingenfelter or Saleen or whoever setup, you'll see a lot more than fabricating some brackets and plumbing. They take a systemic approach to prepping the whole car for the extra power.

The old adage "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go" still applies. If I could afford to do this right, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have other things I want to do before I go to that level though. It's still good to dream.

Redbeard

Old 08-07-2006, 04:59 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Most def. on the intercooler I think GS has one in their kits that are included.
You NAILED it redbeard!!!!!!!!!
Marty

Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 AM
mnboy
Captain

Sounds great. You have an audience now!!

MN

Old 08-07-2006, 08:09 AM
mnboy
Captain

Mike, drop this in it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Dodge-Charg...QQcmdZViewItem

MN

Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
nastefast662

Well i just got dyno about 3 hours ago..I was running 9psi boost and took the best of three runs. RWHP 371 and 388 ft lbs of torque.Consider stock RWHP is 267 and 252 ft lbs torque. its a big improvement. So about 490 hp at the engine. . The car will beat any stock srt but the guys who did my dyno said they had a SRT charger with the gs supercharger getting 480 RWHP and 498 ft lbs of torque..i figure its about 10,000 dollars to get a 100 extra HP out of your vehicle. The supercharger basically brought me a little above a stock SRT for HP and Torque. This was on a hot,hot day and results my improve slightly with cooler temps.
I loved watching that engine twist as it hit 9 psi boost. I have a copy of my dyno it as in a word doc so i cant post. ask me and i will e-mail you

Quick Reply: GS Supercharger