Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Close calls or expensive stops??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Daytona RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Close calls or expensive stops??

Before we digress into , "this happened to me" or "You don't know me until you walk a mile in my shoes"

My post was not to feed indignation or disrespect to anyone, officer or civilian. Truthfully my point was that if we make an unfortunate choice, behave in an unacceptable manner, recklessly endanger another or fail to meet our civic responsibilities to the laws laid down, we're just going to have to accept the reprecussions. Whether we choose to get into the full potential of our Charger or we disregard any law, a citizen; any citizen, is expected to stand responsible for their own actions. No one is exempt.

My last verse on this over used soap box, would go something like this:

So many have fought and earned for us the freedoms and prosperity that comes with responsible citizenship. The legal system; as nieve as this will sound, has a responsibility to provide "Equal protection under the law" So when any member of law enforcement misuses the authority and trust given them by, we the citizens and our representatives, a fundimental violation of ethics and frankly speaking, a reason for forfiture of their authority should be attached.

Accepting the authority of law enforcement is the cost of a moral society, ethical & equitable behavior on the part of that authority is the very least we must expect of them. I am a huge proponent of our law enforcement official local, state & federal. I simply will not quietly abide misuse of the trust and obedience their office demands. "Equal Protection Under The Law" is what I expect and will condone and accept nothing less.

Thank you for your attention, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

hi there listen rent a cops are the worse although i dont know why you would hire them ? they only work part time ,here in nyc we have rent a cops there called auxillaries ,they work for free (if thats not an oxy moronic statement i dont know what is work for free) ,they get no respect and are actually mocked and laughed at.......renters are kinda like women always with something to prove..any ways im not nocking anyone le or not ,respect for the law should be given at all times and to all ....badge or not (except in ghettos) .....for the exception of the occasional indiscretion of speeding (with care given to time place surroundings)...an attempt to minimize the potential for bad things to go wrong..we all know that guy named who said things that can go wrong will go wrong......besides it the rule of law that seperates us from the savages of the 3rd world countries.(arabs included reguardsless of how western they claim to be)

Old 08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

Cool story you should have brake standed as he walked up to your ride.

I wouldnt suggest driving w/o your seat belt. God forbit if you are phyically harmed in a wreck and and you have to sue the other guy/gal your insurance company will lower your claim due to not wearing a seat belt. Seat belts have proven to prevent injury in accidents and insurace companies will pay out less if they find you not wearing one. Even though they look gay they work.

Not trying to be a negative nellie.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
dodgegirl67
Professional

Ok I posted to see what kind of responses to close calls you guys have been involved with and now you guys are taken it tooo far..Let me clarify a few things. First of all yes EVERY job has some kind of professional courtesy...I made several stops as a police officer and it was the original contact that might have led to a warrant arrest. If I was quilty as a citizen for speeding or running a stop sign I would let the person go with a warning. Now that is not to say I didnt run their DL for possible warrants. I firmly disagree with Driving while intoxicated so those would usually go to jail.

I left police work for a better paying job at a chemical plant. Now topbananna3767, I dont know how other states are with their peace officer license but in Texas you have to have an agency carry your license to keep it active. Now, in this capacity you are not a full time employee and YOU CAN NOT BE PAID, by the state of Texas guidelines. You are considered a Reserve Officer. You are not paid but you do get to keep your peace officer license. You have to provide a minimum number of hours per month with that agency for them to carry your license. Why would you want to maintain your license? Just like having a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license. You may not own a motorcycle at the time but its easier to pay the yearly fee to keep the endorsement in case you ever want to get another motorcycle. You dont have to challenge the test. Once you have gone through an academy and take the Peace Officer test you dont ever want to try and challenge it again. It is a son of a bitch to pass the first time.. wanna see what its like then try it..Here is a link to practice test..http://52ndbpoc.tripod.com/test.htm....Good luck.

Yes I was wrong and the officer was nice. I have been preached to by husband countless times for not wearing a seat belt but that goes back to police work and bad habits. I usually got my *** chewed out by my field training officer when I put it on. In the event I needed to exit the patrol car in a hurry to back a fellow officer up, I didnt need to be caught by the seat belt. I got in the bad habit of tucking it under my left thigh giving the appearance it was buckled.

I know, slow my *** down, buckle up and dont ROLL through stop signs...

Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

do you know what i find most troubling in your story [>:]...you said husband ,if you ever need a new one drop me a line.......

Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 PM
CHARGER R/T

That must have sucked, I know the reasone why he checked your trunk. Cops check to see if anybody is hiding in the trunk waiting to ambush them, and if anything should happen to the officer he left his fingerprints on your trunk.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Zedd
Rookie

Not that this is going to make me very popular in this thread, but this is a big indication of one of the reasons peace officers get a bad name. Off duty officers of any type are citizens like the rest of us. NOBODY should be let off doing 92 or 130 no matter what piece of metal is in your pocket. Nobody will ever catch me doing either of those speeds anywhere but on the track. If they do however I fully expect to be punished because I am not above the law and neither is anyone else. If any of you 'officers' think you are, you should seriously rethink your vocation. I really wish your Lieutenants, Seargents, Watch Commanders or whatever your direct superior was could read this and see whom they are emplying with my tax dollars.

Just so you know, I am not jealous because you seem to be able to get away with it. I just have a very big problem with paid public enforcers that don't feel they need to enforce themselves. Lead by example if you want to be effective.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:07 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

WELL IM GLAD YOU THINK SO Z BECAUSE WE ARENT LIKE ANY ONE ELSE ........WHILE WE WORK YOU GET TO CHILL AND RELAX WHILE THE REST OF PROTECT YOU REAR SO TO QUOTE JACK NICHOLSON FROM A FEW GOOD MEN ,ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU JUST SAID THANKS AND MOVED ALONG YOUR OPNION DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME ,BECAUSE UNTILL YOU WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES OR ANY LE PERSONS SHOES YOU TOO WOULD KNOW WE ARENT THE SAME AS SOME RETARDED CLERK AT SOME PARTS COUNTER OR A VACUM CLEANER SALES MAN NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ANYONES PROFESSION EXCEPT THE STREET PHARMACIST...SO IF I GET A BAD VIB OR I GET SOME SLACK FROM AN INDIVIDUAL LIKE YOU Z MAN WHO WALKS AROUND UNDER BLANKET OF THE VERY FREEDOM I PROVIDE DOESNT BOTHER ME 1 BIT..SO WHEN I HEAR YOU SAY WE ARE NO DIFFERENT I HIGHLY DISAGREE AS A MATTER OF FACT I STRONGLY PROTEST,WE ARE NOTHING ALIKE.AND THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST I WILL BLOG ON THIS SUBJECT.AS A MATTER OF FACT WHEN I SAW PEOPLE WHERE LOOKING FOR THAT PROGRAM ON TV I WENT LOOKING TO HELP PEOPLE OUT,BECAUSE THATS THE KIND OF GUY I AM THE SAME IF SOME RETARD WAS BEATRING YOU WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE EVEN WITH YOUR SMUG COMMENTS (WELL MAYBE ID STOP TO GET A DONUT FIRST ....

Old 09-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Zedd
Rookie

LOL Dude, if you really were a Peace officer I think you might be able to spell. Beyond that you would not be this excitable. If you are, again I suggest you find another line of work. I would hate for anyone to meet you on the street with your hair trigger. Have you considered seeing the department phsychologist?

For your information, I was a deputy Sheriff for two years before I decided that between the minor corruption I witnessed, and the lack of pay and benefits, I was better off in the private sector.

To be honest, as dangerous as my job was as a Sheriff, I am now an electrical contractor who spends every day with the possibility of killing myself with 1/2" of movement in the wrong direction in a 480v panel.

I fully respect all Peace officers who don't think they are the next coming. Do your damn job and don't think you are better then anyone else. You will do a far better job when you realize you are a servant of society and not some illiterate bringer of justice.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:43 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

well zed which im sure is no relation to the gay pawn shop owner in pulp fiction because im sure you not thats why you quite .what did i forget a c in vaccum big deal .i quess maybe when your done quiting be an electrical contract(ps all flunkers of le turn to construction) you can become a grammer teacher ,well maybe not because you happen to have a gramatical error in your first sentence z man.minor corruption please what did you witness a donut sale 2 for the price of one ,then let me guess you saw serpico and wanted to make a difference and got fired and turned to construction .Maybe since your such a literary genious you should have gone back to college and published a book.you could have tittled it "electrician" im sure it would be an awesome page turner..cant wait to read the chapter on transformers.......[sm=closed.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif] yes i like that deliverer of illiterate ..oh by the way since your so into spelling you spelled phsychologist wrong its spelled psychologist,just for your info.hey i have a fine trigger finger at least im not a half a man like the quiter you are former sheriff a small town in the middle of no where ,oh on a side not dept doc said i was fine ......

Quick Reply: Close calls or expensive stops??