Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Two Issues, less than 800 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Basolisk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bone33
I have a 1.4 turbo SXT 6 speed.

Cold engine misses. If i push the go pedal more than 1/4 throttle in the first 1 minute of operation it seems to miss and sounds exactly like a rev limiter.
FYI No matter what car you have old or new or where it is from, Driving with the engine cold is BAD BAD BAD. The oil turns to molasses in cold weather and is unable to properly protect the engine

Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The 5w20 in most new cars is pretty thin, even when cold. It is used to get oil to the cams in the heads faster since most new engines are overhead cam these days.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bone, Im driving a Dart Limited right now...I plan to see if it has any issues on cold days. I will let you know if I find anything.

are you getting a check engine light when it is missing?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, for what it is worth, I drove the Dart around in the cold (15 degrees or so) and while i didnt notice any missing under load, i did notice that the engine behaves a little differently. i noticed a similar issue with the hyundai genesis turbo coupe when i was driving it before it was fully warmed up. luckily, the genesis has a boost gauge so i was able ot see that when the engine is cold, the computer system limits the amount of boost. im wondering if the same thing isnt true of the dart's turbo engine?

In any case, what I am talking about and what you are talking about it likely two different issues but when i really mashed it hard, when the engine was cold, once it got up into the higher revs there was a clear hesitation.

Quick Reply: Two Issues, less than 800 miles.