Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

mIRC

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mIRC

Ok...for the people out there that want it all :
I have been using mIRC for over 10 years. For those that don't, your missing out on ONE of the easiest ways to build your mp3 or mp4 collection. For anyone who wants to know how to use, they just need to ask...once you know...you are in total control.

With mIRC's Autoget script, you create one of the easiest ways to search for complete albums from all groups and speeds are blistering fast. Actually without mIRC, nothing such as Napster, Limewire, Itunes and others would have been created....all based on IRC scripting.

All my best! I will try to pass on as much information as I can! Why should I hold it all

[IMG]local://upfiles/986/C4AB671414C14B859FB8366AF5EF8DA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Old 09-15-2007, 06:29 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: mIRC

I got the hint!!!!

Dusty

Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use IRC way back in the day, care to elaborate on the Autoget? From what I remember I stopped using it because it was a royal pain to find what I wanted to download, never tried the autoget thing though.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

ok. I am probably like you man! I had over 20GB of songs, then deleted them all day as I wanted
to focus on my company! But life changes, and I have plenty of time now....over 1700 of my favorite
songs I have downloaded in just a few days! Sure beats the heck out of anything else!

Visit www.omenscripts.net and look for Autoget. That is a safe download from that site. I use it.

Read the instructions with Autoget. Will self explain how to install. Once you have it running, if you
need help, just let me know.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

You need to be careful with the autoget scripts, alot of servers are banning for use of them......

I've been on mIRC since 95, and I've got quite the collection of music myself due to it....while people were downloading single tracks on Napster, I was snagging full CD's and videos....

I've got about 350gb of music, and most of it is stuff I truly do listen to...

Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i use IRC, but i have absolutely no reason to use it for my mp3 collecting methods, as IRC can transfer some very nasty virii.
unless all the security has been changed in the past several years, and i missed out on these SecFix., then they still could.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:46 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Sinister

i use IRC, but i have absolutely no reason to use it for my mp3 collecting methods, as IRC can transfer some very nasty virii.
unless all the security has been changed in the past several years, and i missed out on these SecFix., then they still could.

mIRC is 30 times safer then any of the Limewire, Kazaa, and other forms of transfer.....

The 2 most important things about mIRC:

1.) Do not accept files from people who send you something without you asking for it....
2.) Be smart, if something looks out of place, cancel the download or delete the file

Basically it comes down to simply using common sense. In the entire time I've used mIRC, I've never once had to deal with issues from mIRC, always other software programs that caused me grief. It's simply a matter of choice, and most of the warez, mp3z, and movie rooms are pretty good about getting rid of the stupid people. In fact, you're more likely to get problems from Kazaa or an email then mIRC, if you have things configured right.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Agree. It is safe and very intelligent and more abundant than other sources.

And I was brought upon it years ago be someone saying, "Man, if your not in it, you don't know what you are missing!"....I learned it....mastered it. It makes you feel like you are in control (AND YOU ARE).

Quality tends to be superior too. Most sysops within their IRC rooms have compilations of complete albums for each music group and the Bitrate is consistent.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
casper3380
Veteran

I have other sources for music, but i use mirc all the time. The function i do use when i transfer music is dcc. Makes for safe transfer cause you know the person using it. I wonder of dodge forums has an irc channel(s) for direct discussion? hmm

Quick Reply: mIRC