Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

forum is worst now then before

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down forum is worst now then before

ok guys i need to vent. this forum is actually worse now. i signed on at 4.27 pm and could not get to any posts or info until 4.35 pm almost 8 minutes . all it says is waiting for pagead 2 google syndication or transfering data m1.2mdn.net. is anyone else having these problems? i have a new hp hard drive with every bell and whistle you can get. but i also had the same problems with my dell. thats why i went out and got the hp. i am about ready to pack it in with this site. all my other sites are pain free and hassle free. i left admistration notes and stuff but who knows. i cant post pics like before or nothing. i even tried to do the mispelling of the words and still nothing, if anyone has found a better way, please let me know.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

No issues here whatsoever, the forum is at least as fast as any of the dozen or so that I'm on. No posting issues or problems with pics (I've been a pic posting fool now that there is an Outdoors section).
I did have one issue with the site when the new software came online, but I determined it was on my end, I had a firewall setting that would make my PC just hourglass forever when I tried to post or edit a post and when trying to perform a few other tasks. Have never had this issue with any of the other forums, but a quick change to my firewall software and all was perfect.
You may want to check on any anti-virus/firewall software you may be running.
I hope this helps and your get you issues resolved before deciding to just pack it in here...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-08-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're the first person I've seen having trouble like this since the upgrade. There was a 5 minute period today where the site was slower for me but other than that it's been running much faster than before.

What method are you using to try and post pics?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not I. And I couldn't get to the old forum for two weeks prior to the update...all I'd get was a timeout. Now everything's working and pretty darn fast!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mine is working very well. response is fast, no hangups, no timeouts, no lost posts. search is working. there were some irritating autolinks, but if you click on one and then look for the disable tab, you can turn them off. i couldn't be happier...

Old 08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There's absolutely no way it can be the same problem as before unless it's something else. It's a completely new software.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What browser and operating system are you running? Are you running an anti-virus or internet security tool? If you are running any security software from Norton, I strongly recommend getting rid of it and installing AVG or Avast. If you are running Internet Explorer, disable the security features, they are notoriously buggy or switch to Firefox. If the problem persists, than I'd bet on it being your browser or security software, or a combination thereof. If it's a one time thing, good bet is that it's just a hiccup with the ISP.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

No problems here yet, I been posting like a ****, using IE and FF both. I am running AVG, and I too have a newer HP. The first thing I did when I got the HP is I eliminated Norton. Its been alot smoother surfing the net and basic computing. I hope ya get it fixed man before you move on!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works decent for me. Sometimes it wont work and I get a page cannot be displayer error, and about five minutes later I can get back on just fine. I just am not digging the whole new setup.

Quick Reply: forum is worst now then before