Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Dodge Forum Mobile?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:45 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well

well mobile view actually means it is text based, so it loads faster. no multimedia. on my phone, which i am using now, i can switch back and forth between them. right now i am in pc mode. and see all pics just like home. and it is on https://dodgeforum.com

Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman
well mobile view actually means it is text based, so it loads faster. no multimedia. on my phone, which i am using now, i can switch back and forth between them. right now i am in pc mode. and see all pics just like home. and it is on https://dodgeforum.com
this is in mobile mode. i can qoute though, choose reply under the post you want to quote

Old 02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

i really think it's a phone specific issue. perhaps you have to change a setting so it wont always use mobile when available. i dunno.. works great through my sprint phones.. both the instinct and palm755p

Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman
i really think it's a phone specific issue. perhaps you have to change a setting so it wont always use mobile when available. i dunno.. works great through my sprint phones.. both the instinct and palm755p
It isn't a phone issue, I have tried it on three different phones and all of them are only receiving dodge forum mobile. I have used an AT&T Tilt, Motorola SLVR and a BB Pearl and every one of them is giving me the dodge forum mobile. It is something that is coming from dodge forum itself.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

You misunderstood me. when i say phone specific, i mean it is somwthing with the phones that you are using, perhaps it's carrier specific in your case, but I can use it in its full form on my phones. They are Sprint phones.. so perhaps its an AT&T..

Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Oh, I gotcha now. Maybe it is an AT&T thing. I guess my next step is to find someone with another carrier and see what they are getting. Or maybe if I get really lucky dodge forum mobile will just disappear and I can get the full version back

Old 02-08-2009, 07:49 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

Ok, tried it with my brother's Iphone, and it came through with all pics and such. he couldnt get it in mobile mode cause he ccouldnt remember how to switch to it..

Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

What carrier does he use? Maybe it is a carrier issue?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

The Iphone only works on one network.. AT&T.. Which is why I wanted to try his. So that complicates this issue now... I am REAL confused... Not sure what to tell ya to try now.. Perhaps there is some setting you can choose to disregard the Mobile page, or at least ask before using mobile versions... I don't know.... I will try to find out... Does the tilt come with a default built in browser, or does it have to use opera or IE.. I don't know much about it...

Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

ok.. looking at the user manual for the Tilt, under IE, there is a setting called VIEW PICTURES

Maybe check that... I dunno... Perhaps that is what the issue is?

Try this:
Change Internet Explorer Web page display options

You can change the way that you view Web pages in Internet Explorer to minimize scrolling and increase the page download speed. If a Web page does not display correctly, choose a different view.
  • Tap Start > Internet Explorer.
  • Tap Menu > View.
  • Select one of the following:
    • One Column - Arranges the page into a column as wide as the screen. This means that you will rarely have to scroll horizontally. This view usually downloads more quickly than other views.
    • Fit to Screen - Maintains a layout similar to what you see on a desktop computer. This makes items smaller and arranges the page so that you can see most of it without having to scroll horizontally.
    • Desktop - Keeps the same layout and size as on a desktop computer. This will require both horizontal and vertical scrolling.
    • Full Screen - This hides the menu bar and status bar and uses the whole screen to display the Web page. page. A check mark to the left of the option indicates that Web pages will display in full-screen mode.
    • Show Pictures - A check mark to the left of the option indicates that pictures will display on Web pages.
I hope that helps...

Quick Reply: Dodge Forum Mobile?????