Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Dodge Forum Mobile?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimkDaAdtman
The Iphone only works on one network.. AT&T.. Which is why I wanted to try his. So that complicates this issue now... I am REAL confused... Not sure what to tell ya to try now.. Perhaps there is some setting you can choose to disregard the Mobile page, or at least ask before using mobile versions... I don't know.... I will try to find out... Does the tilt come with a default built in browser, or does it have to use opera or IE.. I don't know much about it...
It comes with IE built in, but I added Opera Mini bc it is a much better and faster browser. I checked the options that you listed in the above post and the settings are all where they need to be. I am at a loss at this point but I am not looking forward to tomorrow when I will only be able to get dodge forum mobile while at work.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, using any browser other then IE and your on your own for support. This site is built for IE, and while it works in other web browsers, if you choose to utilize another one, you cannot expect it to always work the way it should.

Secondly, remove the application from your phone. You can remove site mobile's by uninstalling the application.

Removing Programs From the AT&T Tilt Cellphone

Recently, we installed the Opera Mobile browser, thinking it would allow us to see Macromedia Flash on the AT&T Tilt Cellphone. Since the current version does not let us view Flash, and is very similar to the Mobile Internet Explorer Browser on the phone, we are going to un-install (or remove) the program.

In order to remove a program that is installed on your phone, first connect the phone to your computer. Upon plugging the phone in, the Microsoft ActiveSynch window should appear. Choose "Tools" the "Add/Remove Programs" as shown in the screenshot below.

Now you will be shown a list of programs installed on the Tilt. Uncheck the box next to any program you want to remove. Since we are removing Opera, you will notice the Opera checkbox is unchecked in the screenshot below. Uncheck the program you wish to remove and then click "OK".

You will then see a message (shown below) that it is removing the program, and then the window will close by itself.

You will not get any more confirmation that the removal is complete, even though it has been removed.

Mobile apps have their good and their bad sides.

Ultimately, this is going to sound really bad, but you are bitching about accessing the site from a phone.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
First off, using any browser other then IE and your on your own for support. This site is built for IE, and while it works in other web browsers, if you choose to utilize another one, you cannot expect it to always work the way it should.
It still doesn't work on my phone even with Opera removed. IE is having the same problem.

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
Ultimately, this is going to sound really bad, but you are bitching about accessing the site from a phone.
Bitching, really? Or just trying to use the "DF Website Issues & Suggestion Center" to report an issue I am having with DF. Guess it depends on your point of view.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher

Bitching, really? Or just trying to use the "DF Website Issues & Suggestion Center" to report an issue I am having with DF. Guess it depends on your point of view.
I wasnt trying to make light of it, but it is afterall not something anyone plans for when you develop a website.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I know, it just sucks that I can't get it to work bc my phone is the only way I can get on DF from work.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My first BB post, will probably be my last. Not because how it works, I like the text only for speed, but due to the fact I do not need to be on DF 24x7.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im sorry that its such a hassle for you off-road, but the mobile feature is something that we were getting requests for, so we put it up. I will ask if there is a way around it...for me, i absolutely love the mobile version..now i can be on DF everywhere i go...

just to be clear, no matter what you do, your cell only sees the mobile version? can you post exactly what kind of phone youre using? i believe that i can remove the "autoscan" for your mobile device.

"i believe" that i can...so the way that i understand it, it can be done..but im not sure of that...but i will try.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
just to be clear, no matter what you do, your cell only sees the mobile version? can you post exactly what kind of phone youre using? i believe that i can remove the "autoscan" for your mobile device.

"i believe" that i can...so the way that i understand it, it can be done..but im not sure of that...but i will try.
Yes, no matter what I do I only get the mobile feed from the forum, I no longer get the regular feed from the forum. I am using an AT&T Tilt. It is running on windows mobile 6. If you can remove the autoscan I would really appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to try to help me out.

Quick Reply: Dodge Forum Mobile?????