Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Pictures, stars and back seat drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:51 PM
brderj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures, stars and back seat drivers

Okay here are my questions as a new fella. 1st I see that the more you post the more your rating goes up, so what are the numbers with that. So far it changed from 1-10, 11-50, 51-? (I'm not that far yet) am I right? Also what are the stars for with posters, most have 1 star, some have 2, fewer have more and Amanda looks like a war time General. lol. Last thing is I can not seem to get a "good" picture on the left of my post, I have my Hemi tag for now. It's mostly because of how small I have to get it, I use the paint program to turn it into a JPEG. I notice that a few posters out there have a picture of their Dodge's right under their signature, how?

Those are my questions and I must say this is a great forum! Everyone is really nice, no flame wars and new people are welcomed well. Real nice forum with good people. Thanks

Jay

Old 05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Pictures, stars and back seat drivers

Every so often of the posts that you make, your "level" I guess you could call it changes. About the star thing also. Do you mean the ones next to the threads name? Those ones are graded by the mods + admins for how popular they are in a way... and if your talking about the score thing it is also based on the mods and admins decision. The picture thing also...I think Amanda might be able to help you out.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:58 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See, now your a Street Racer with 2 stars.[sm=smiley20.gif] If you want, you can double click the file/image on your computer and at the bottom there should be an icon at the bottom right for Windows picture/paint(just to the right of the save icon). Click on it, then when the new window comes up click on "Image" at the top left and then click on "stretch/skew" in the drop menu that appears. There you can resize your picture.

Or if you want, you can post the picture here or E-mail it to me and I can resize it for you.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-07-2004, 09:01 PM
brderj
Veteran

When I get into paint all I have is the crop option and when I crop the picture to the desired specs asked for by this site I get this little picture that really wouldn't do my truck any justice, lol. I will post it here and if you happed to be better at this than I....

Thank you for your help!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3650/Ki184187299.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2004, 01:42 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Here you go, click on the image to see it full size then right click on the image and choose "save picture as". Then you can go into the Control Panel and use this resized image as your avatar.[sm=smiley2.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Xv636563093.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2004, 06:26 PM
brderj
Veteran

Hey thanks a lot for the help, that is awesome! Do I need a different program other than paint to do that? Or am I just doing it all wrong? I will go back and try your instructions again and see how I do with sleep under my belt, lol. Again, thank you.

Old 05-09-2004, 05:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Your welcome! When you open the image in Windows paint there should be "File Edit View Image Colors Help" at the top left. Click on "Image" and on the drop menu click on "stretch/skew" then you can reduce/increase it in each direction by %.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-09-2004, 06:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Here's 2 more croped and rotated versions for you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Pn363319379.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Ea843477333.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

It's mainly the angle of the shot that makes that pic hard to make as an Avatar... if you have any more angles, send them over to me at DODGEGIRL19@aol.com and I can whip something up for you.

~Amanda

Old 05-09-2004, 06:15 PM
brderj
Veteran

Okay so I did it for 145x145 as it says it needs to be for the avatar, but what about the last two numbers. See this is why I'm not allowed in public. lol.

Thanks again for all your help, very cool of you all.

Quick Reply: Pictures, stars and back seat drivers