Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Horn beeping randomly

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 06:11 AM
HornWokeMeUP
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I have found at least 5 threads on this topic (4 ongoing, one locked) of Dodge horns going off with no one behind the wheel for a long time (hours) as if an angry ghost is behind the wheel and wants attention now! It has been an issue posted about from 2014 to 2023. Obviously, it is not a unique issue. The only reputable solution I have found is this:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-j...ml#post3522478

I just printed this out and I am giving it to the elderly lady who owns a 2010 Dodge Journey RT that has been going off since 2am (it is now 6am). She is a widow and retired and does not need to be run around and charged up the wazzoo by mechanics only guessing what the cause is. I will post if this fixes her issue.

Last edited by HornWokeMeUP; 07-26-2023 at 06:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (07-26-2023)
Old 04-02-2024, 02:49 PM
Yuls Ortiz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michelle Schmidt
My Dodge Journey horns also keeps honking, but not sure what resolves to this issue. Has any one heard anything new on this? Mine keeps honking and I don’t know what to do other than I had to pull the horn fuse for now.
Fuse Box. Replace the entire Fuse box and that will solve the problem. Went through this and after a year of trying different things with my mechanic we finally changed the Fuse box and it stopped hasn't been and issue for 6 months now.

Old 04-02-2024, 02:53 PM
Yuls Ortiz
Default Fuse box

Originally Posted by Michelle Schmidt
My Dodge Journey horns also keeps honking, but not sure what resolves to this issue. Has any one heard anything new on this? Mine keeps honking and I don’t know what to do other than I had to pull the horn fuse for now.
Replace the fuse box. After a year of trying My mechanic found out that replacing the fuse box will stop the issue

Old 04-02-2024, 02:56 PM
Yuls Ortiz
Default Replace Fuse Box

Originally Posted by HornWokeMeUP
I have found at least 5 threads on this topic (4 ongoing, one locked) of Dodge horns going off with no one behind the wheel for a long time (hours) as if an angry ghost is behind the wheel and wants attention now! It has been an issue posted about from 2014 to 2023. Obviously, it is not a unique issue. The only reputable solution I have found is this:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-j...ml#post3522478

I just printed this out and I am giving it to the elderly lady who owns a 2010 Dodge Journey RT that has been going off since 2am (it is now 6am). She is a widow and retired and does not need to be run around and charged up the wazzoo by mechanics only guessing what the cause is. I will post if this fixes her issue.
after a year of trying my mechanic changed the fuse box and now it's been good for 6 months now

Old 04-02-2024, 02:59 PM
Yuls Ortiz
Default Replace fuse box

Originally Posted by stugartjennifer828@gmail.com
I haven't taken it to be looked into but the horn sadly just had to disconnect. As for the clicking when you go to start it I did find a solution to that and thus far it started every time.

Turn the car on accessory, put it in neutral, put your foot on the brake so it doesn't move and then start it. It has started every time I use that trick.
our mechanic replaced the fuse box and it has been good for 6 months. I been seeing alot of posts about this trying to spread the word of our solution.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:24 PM
John/Horace
Amateur
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yuls Ortiz
our mechanic replaced the fuse box and it has been good for 6 months. I been seeing alot of posts about this trying to spread the word of our solution.

Whatnyear is your Journey., Fuse box you mean TIPM module assembly under hood, around $300 ?

Quick Reply: Horn beeping randomly