Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Wheels for the AWD Magnum??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 05:43 AM
FlatEric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels for the AWD Magnum??

I have been all over......Tire Rack, tires.com, etc, did web searches, and I can't find wheels for the AWD, any wheels.

Does anyone know of someone selling wheels for the AWD?

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:16 AM
darkrt
Professional
Default RE: Wheels for the AWD Magnum??

Not that I know of! I've been looking to,nothing yet. When one of the AWD group finds some hopefully they will chime in..

Old 02-26-2005, 09:16 PM
kenowell

try here,,,,,http://bigcustomwheels.com/package_l...rtRimsBy=price

Old 02-26-2005, 09:33 PM
darkrt
Professional

Been there! Big wheels shows 18 to 24mm offset. AWD takes 55mm offset. RWD and AWD are not the same offset.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:55 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

Yes, I just checked it out. At first glance I got excited, then I noticed that they listed EXACTLY the same wheels for AWD and RWD, same offset and all....I am going to send them a mail and ask what the deal is.

Old 02-27-2005, 04:06 PM
darkrt
Professional

FlatEric,Big Custom Wheels now shows 55mm offset for AWD,so you should be good!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:03 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Thanks DarkRT, they did that after I sent them a mail, below is the answer I got, I'm still not convinced that they will fit, he said he did it so I could see what fits in those specs. I requested a verification that they will in fact fit. There are now even more models that supposedly will fit than before (but not the Zinik Z7 I was eyeballing).

I still must wonder why they have so many that will fit, and TireRack has not a single one?

Is hole spacing and offset the only thing to worry about? How about load rating or anything else?

Hi William,
I haven't seen AWD yet, but
all my sources show the same specs with low offset, 25 mm max.
Could you refer me to your sources?
So far I changed (temporary) our settings for AWD to high offset,
so you can see what fits in these specs:

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/package_list.jsp

Old 02-28-2005, 03:13 AM
done
Rookie

It appears that most of the suggested rims are 40 to 45 offset. That may be close enough to the 55 mm originals. 10 mm is about 3/8"

Old 03-01-2005, 06:06 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Thanks done,

by the way, where did you read that the originals are 55mm offset? I have been unable to find that number anywhere. The rims I want (Zinik Z7s) are 42mm, but that is a full 13mm (1/2 inch) less offset than the stock 55 you mention. That would make my tires stick out a half inch further on each, correct? I am thinking that would look goofy, but I guess if someone went to 265 wide tires, they would be doing at least that?

I'm unsure of what to do, I don't want to spend that kind of money and have it look like an Opel Kadett with fat 13 inch tires on it, know what I mean?

I'll have to check out some pictures of some of the other guy's rides with wider tires to see if they stick out too far.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized you had an AWD yourself, are those stock tires? I have the 4x4 version of the Contis, don't like them, they are too loud. Your car looks really good in that color. Nice pictures.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:43 AM
done
Rookie

ORIGINAL: FlatEric

Thanks done,

by the way, where did you read that the originals are 55mm offset? I have been unable to find that number anywhere. The rims I want (Zinik Z7s) are 42mm, but that is a full 13mm (1/2 inch) less offset than the stock 55 you mention. That would make my tires stick out a half inch further on each, correct? I am thinking that would look goofy, but I guess if someone went to 265 wide tires, they would be doing at least that?

I'm unsure of what to do, I don't want to spend that kind of money and have it look like an Opel Kadett with fat 13 inch tires on it, know what I mean?

I'll have to check out some pictures of some of the other guy's rides with wider tires to see if they stick out too far.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized you had an AWD yourself, are those stock tires? I have the 4x4 version of the Contis, don't like them, they are too loud. Your car looks really good in that color. Nice pictures.
The offset is imprinted on the inside of the hub. If you go to a wider rim with the same offset, the outside of tire will be closer to the fender by half of the new width. I have seen pictures of magnums with 9 inch rims and it looks ok. I would think that you would want to stay with 8 inch rims with the 42 offset. The offset keeps the wheel load centered between the wheel bearings, so changing the offset would put more stress on one of the bearings. It would seem that 10 to 12 mm difference may not be that big an issue, but I have not done it nor has any one else made the change on a AWD that I am aware off.

Quick Reply: Wheels for the AWD Magnum??