Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

What compares to a Magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Jax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What compares to a Magnum?

For me it was about cargo space. With an 8 week old bady and all of the various bits required to go away for a single weekend, my 2002 Sebring Sedan was plain old too small. So I looked at everything with space.

All minivans were crossed off the list immediately. I can not drive while dead and would sooner die than by one. Except a maybe a fully loaded Town & Country with Stow and Go. I mean, that thing is rolling palace! But at about $40K that was out.

I also crossed off SUVs in general. I have had a Jeep, lifted a couple of inches even. The truck ride and jumping in and out can get annoying on my commute.

I considered the Jag, BMW 5, Audi A6 and Passat wagons, E320, and a Volvo (the horror!). These were all, of course, more expensive than the SXT and have a bit less cargo volume. The E320 has more cargo space, but it is much more expensive. So now it came down to finding the SXT I wanted. I really figured I would be happy with it as it was about the same HP/weight ratio as other cars I have had. I ended up driving an RT on a lark. One taste of the smack that Dodge calls Hemi and I was hooked.

Add to that the overall value of the RT compared to other, more space, more power, much more money left in pocket, and it was a done deal.

Good luck in you search!

Jax

Old 09-19-2005, 03:34 AM
jazzmaster221
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What compares to a Magnum?

yeah nobody beats the hemi..this car is a transformer...one minuet your putting the grocerys and hardware from lowes ,picking up the kids from baseball practice...the next your dressed in your suit and tie for a formal dinner ..then off to the track for a 13 second quarter mile or just dusting off a bmw or jag on the freeway onramp..or if the mood hit's you to cruise the strip and play iceberg slim with the girls ...it's all in fun....what the heck you only go around once in this life...enjoy
you can,t hoot with the owls..and fly with the eagles

Quick Reply: What compares to a Magnum?