Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Ordered the wife's R/T!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
hipsterj
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered the wife's R/T!

Finaly ordered the R/T, well not really ordered, the dealer had to go out to Milwaukee (we live in Minneapolis) to find the Midnight Blue she wanted with heated seats and the factory trailer package I wanted for pulling our boat. If the Inferno Red was an arrest me red like it should be, she would have it already. She test drove a Murano and went back to the Magnum. I wish Dodge would offer the memory for two people for seats and such. Picking up Friday after hitch is installed and remote starter. Can't wait!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
06MNRT
Professional
Default RE: Ordered the wife's R/T!

Congrats. I went through a similar situation when I first decided to get my R/T, they could NOT get me one in black without a roof rack within a 1,000 mile radius. I was pleasantly surprised when I strolled onto the lot a few weeks ago and found one sitting there. I am also glad I got the 06 instead of an 05.

I got mine at Walser in Bloomington, where'd you get yours?

She will love the car, if you see a black R/T roaming around town... give a honk, it might be me.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:58 PM
hipsterj
Professional

Same place!
Got a call yesterday from the salesman and Dodge is now offering the EP on '05 Magnums and saved another $1800 bucks.
He went out aways to find that one, and we also did NOT want the roof rack, makes it look to Caravanish, if you know what I mean.
Why were you glad to get the '06? What was changed that I will miss?
I drive by the lot almost every day to work, I may have seen that black one you have in the front row?
Hope to see you in Bloomington, look for the Midnight Blue next week.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:32 AM
carenl

Just have to say, you're a good husband!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 AM
06MNRT
Professional

I hear ya on the Caravan look with the roof rack. I have seen some really nicely done up custom R/T's but when they leave the roof rack on it the look is spoiled for me.

I don't think there were any real changes for 06 except the new badging. I like having the new, larger badging mainly because it screams "brand new". Nothing I hate more than buying a car then the next model year they do something different so that all of a sudden it looks like you're driving a used car. I dunno... maybe it's just a weird mental thing with me.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
hipsterj
Professional

Drove by Walser this morning and lo and behold there is 2 Midnight Blue R/T in the lot!
One has got to be the wife's car.
I am a Great husband. But I did get the last brand new vehicle, so it's her turn. And I told her as long as it can pull our 18' Crestliner boat OK with me.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
06MNRT
Professional

I wonder if my Typhoon is still sitting on the lot? The guy says he won't let a soul drive it without making them fill out paperwork... he's afraid someone will kill themselves in it. He said he took it for a spin after I traded it in and he was scared of it LOL

I do miss that truck, it was sooooo fast.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:33 PM
hipsterj
Professional

That was yours? Still there I believe!
The neighbor had the S-10 version of that (Cyclone?) and he said the same thing, unitil he purchased a 300ZX tweaked twin turbo.
He let me take it for a spin day before it was sold. Both sons strapped in the navigators seat, the turbo's were awsome!!!!! How did you keep it out of third gear at 75MPH?
Boys loved that short ride!

Quick Reply: Ordered the wife's R/T!