Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

UConnect Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 PM
gatzby143
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UConnect Bluetooth Problem

I hope you guys can help. My phones will know longer show active with UConnect. They worked this morning before work and now after work when I hit the Phone button and try to make a call it says Phone Not Available. I tried the resetting by doing the hold both buttons trick and also the removing the "1" fuse in the trunk, but still no dice. I also deleted the phones and tried to re-pair them but they never see the UConnect when "scanning for devices." Any ideas, its a 2006 Dodge Magnum.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, you said that "it says phone not available", my question is does it verbally say this or does it show this message on the radio display? What phones do you have?

Originally Posted by gatzby143
I hope you guys can help. My phones will know longer show active with UConnect. They worked this morning before work and now after work when I hit the Phone button and try to make a call it says Phone Not Available. I tried the resetting by doing the hold both buttons trick and also the removing the "1" fuse in the trunk, but still no dice. I also deleted the phones and tried to re-pair them but they never see the UConnect when "scanning for devices." Any ideas, its a 2006 Dodge Magnum.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 AM
gatzby143

It does both. I have a bb storm, Droid, and htc incredible. They all work fine in my Chrysler 300 that also has uconnect.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Would you mind trying something? (might work, might not but it's worth the try).
Disconnect the car battery for a few minutes (about 5 or so) and then reconnect it. You will probably have to reset your radio stations and the clock.

It does both. I have a bb storm, Droid, and htc incredible. They all work fine in my Chrysler 300 that also has uconnect.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:15 PM
gatzby143

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Would you mind trying something? (might work, might not but it's worth the try).
Disconnect the car battery for a few minutes (about 5 or so) and then reconnect it. You will probably have to reset your radio stations and the clock.
Tried that and nothing. Still know worky.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:13 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it is possible that ur U-connect module is dead. seen it happen few times.
not all U-connect device is not part of the radio. Most of them have a seperate module.

only way to really confirm this is have a chrysler enhanced scanner.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Yes it could have died, just kind of strange that it would just die and not had any previous issues.
Can you look to the right of the glove box on the dash structure. Do you see a module that looks like the picture that I am adding? If so can you check it to see if there is power at terminal #1. (it's marked 1 on the connector)

Originally Posted by steak59
it is possible that ur U-connect module is dead. seen it happen few times.
not all U-connect device is not part of the radio. Most of them have a seperate module.

only way to really confirm this is have a chrysler enhanced scanner.

Last edited by xsdbs; 09-20-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
gatzby143

I will double check tomorrow, but I think so. I unplugged the harness and then turned the car on and pushed the Uconnect button and nothing happened. I then plugged the harness back in and turned the car on and at least the Uconnect lady was talking to me.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
xsdbs
Captain

And none of your phones will find Uconnect when trying to pair?

I will double check tomorrow, but I think so. I unplugged the harness and then turned the car on and pushed the Uconnect button and nothing happened. I then plugged the harness back in and turned the car on and at least the Uconnect lady was talking to me.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:43 PM
gatzby143

Nope, not a one. Perplexing isn't?

Quick Reply: UConnect Bluetooth Problem