Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Continental Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Continental Tires

I have the non self-sealing ones, but they are the exact same tire aside from the self-sealing compound used on the inside.

Oh, so far for the one day i've had them now, it's a day and night difference between the continentals and the goodyear assurance tires I put on last night, the goodyears are amazing, so much better traction on wet roads and snow and they ride much nicer too.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: shiltz

I have the non self-sealing ones, but they are the exact same tire aside from the self-sealing compound used on the inside.

Oh, so far for the one day i've had them now, it's a day and night difference between the continentals and the goodyear assurance tires I put on last night, the goodyears are amazing, so much better traction on wet roads and snow and they ride much nicer too.

Thats good news, whats the expected tread life of the Goodyears compared to the crappy continentals?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:24 PM
shiltz
Captain

The Goodyears have an 80k tread life warranty.

They are rated so much better on the conitinental, especialy in snow, look at the difference in the ratings on tirerack.

Goodyears

Continentals

Old 02-14-2006, 02:00 PM
hackman

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

ORIGINAL: shiltz

Thats good news, whats the expected tread life of the Goodyears compared to the crappy continentals?
The Continentals have a UTQG rating of 360AA, the Goodyears are rated at 700 AB. How this translates into actual mileage is anyone's guess. UTQG specs obtained at www.tirerack.com . Based on numerous web reports it appears the Continentals are a 15-20k tire at best, I'm hoping the Goodyears are good for at least 40k, doubt they will make 80k miles. Pirelli's also have a 400 AA UTQC rating so they will wear about as fast as the Continentals...[:@]

Hackman

Old 02-14-2006, 02:17 PM
shiltz
Captain

Fortunatly though even if they do wear out at say 40k, they have a pro-rated treadwear warranty, so if they hit the wear bar at 40k which is 50% of the rated life they will pay 50% of the value of the tires for replacement.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Take the car back to the dealer and bitch, They know they have a problem and will help you. They have helped me with my first and now my secong set of tires. I have 32K and i know that i should not be replacing tires at 32K. I have doone every thing by the book and they are going to help me , So i say to you go to the dealer and let them know your not happy with the present situation.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
henry
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Silver bullit

Take the car back to the dealer and bitch, They know they have a problem and will help you. They have helped me with my first and now my secong set of tires. I have 32K and i know that i should not be replacing tires at 32K. I have doone every thing by the book and they are going to help me , So i say to you go to the dealer and let them know your not happy with the present situation.
Not exactly true.
The OEM tires are not warrantied by Chrysler. They are warrantied by Continental, so unless the Dodge dealer is also a Continental dealer he is under no obligation to help you.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:55 PM
pdjmwj

I also had terrible issues with the front end on my SXT, but it was not the tires. My tires started to wear from day one. Constant hard pull to the right. I had it back in the shop 8 times before the regional Dodge rep got it fixed. At 11,000 miles they replaced the tires and finally fixed the front end. The Continentials were bald, no tread left. When I get home I'll post some pics. In rain the car was all over the place.

I had to pursue lemon law at less then 8,000 miles to get it fixed. That was the only thing that got Dodge's attention. Not an experiece I want to go thru again. Still love the Magnum, but I also sold it for reasons not related to the car. Actually hated to see it go. At 24,900 miles the new tires were perfect. It was fixed. They had to readjust the front end cradle what ever that means. The early Magnums had many front end issues, just check this site.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Your right in saying the dealer is not or has no obligation . but if they want there costemmers to come back and if the dealer cares then i think you have a shot at getting some help. My dealer replaced two sets for me on my car. They know its and issue and conti knows they have to do some thing or they are going to cause Dodge to lose money on there new cars. now that you know this will you buy another car from them with out asking some questions about tires and warrenties. I have a AWD and the tires cup after 10k. they put on a set of michelins and so far cool. I will wait and see but i also will be out of the warrenty by the time the tires start to cup if it comes back at all..

Old 05-06-2006, 05:55 PM
god_complx
Professional

Just to let you know, the pillar post says to have tires set to 30 psi, as I only have 9000 miles on my contis I cant yet tell u what the diff is, but, I am going to keep mine around 30 for the duration and hope I can pull out more than the 15-20 you seem to be getting.

Quick Reply: Continental Tires